1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emtec DVD-R?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by spacekiek, Apr 23, 2003.

1. spacekiek

spacekiek Member

I have bought 100 of these (4x spindle 25) from the US. Can anyone tell me if these are suited for stand-alone DVD players and at wich recommended speed i would need to write these media with a sony SONY DRU-500A drive? Anything about the quality is appreciated :)

2. 1850174

1850174 Guest

I HAVE USED(ALLTOGETHER 25) EMTEC ON MY SONY DRX-500UL,( WHICH IS ESENTIALY THE SAME AS YOUR DRIVE JUST EXTERNAL) DRIVE AND HAD NO PROBLEMS WHAT SO EVER WITH ANY OF THEM AND THAT WAS WITHOUT THE LATEST FIRMWARE 2e, I DO THINK THAT THE OUTHER DAY THEY RELEASED 2.0f.
    CHECK OUT SONYS WEB SITE.

3. pmccowan

pmccowan Guest

This is the only DVD-R Media I use on my Sony DRX500UL. I purchase them from TigerDirect.com, at the current price of $.99 each for a spindle of 25. Good choice.

4. Neromania

Neromania Regular member

Hi, i checked tigerdirect, they dont sell 25 pack spindles, only 10 packs.

5. pmccowan

pmccowan Guest

Page 93 of their current catalog lists a spindle (25) dvd-r disks for $24.99. Stock Number is E505-1020.

6. spacekiek

spacekiek Member

can you write them at 2x ?! How about compatibility with stand alone dvd players?

7. pmccowan

pmccowan Guest

I can't speak to the speed. They do work on most Apex DVD Players. I have an Apex 1201, and they work great on that.

8. spacekiek

spacekiek Member

I will know soon enough ;-)
    Hopefully, i can write them at 2x with my sony drx-500ULX drive! Otherwise i will fall asleep :)

9. Neromania

Neromania Regular member

ah, sorry, i was checking the tigerdirect website not the actual catalog. Can you tell me how much a 25 pack of emtecs will cost after the cheapest domestic shipping gets added?