1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emulated roms

Discussion in 'PS2' started by golden_35, Jun 17, 2003.

1. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

I have downloaded all the emulators to play my nintendo 64, sega genesis, snes, nes and sms games on my ps2 but i am having alot of trouble finding roms. Especially for n64. I would really like to play my backups on my ps2! Can someone help me out? I am not sure whether this site allows trading of any kind, but i was wondering if there is an irc somewhere out there or website? Thank You

2. stattousm

stattousm Member

You should read the TOS. Prepare to be modded.

3. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

Pardon me? I was just not sure where to get these roms from or how to make them? I am totally against piracy, i just wanted some help

4. stattousm

stattousm Member

From the rules -

-> PIRACY AND LINKING TO PIRATED MATERIAL IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED, YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE FROZEN IF YOU DO THIS <-

I would assume that asking where to find roms would come under this banner.

5. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

I apologize, but if that is true, then wouldnt posting links for emulators also be piracy? How are getting backups of games that you already own be piracy?

6. stattousm

stattousm Member

Emulators aren't illegal, but roms are. That is wy you are having a hard time finding N64 roms, they are illegal and the sites are shut down by Nintendo as soon as they are put up.

Owning a backup of copyrighted material that you own is not illegal. But, Nintendo aren't going to allow sites to offer roms on the off chance that you own the game. Many people will download the rom without having the cart.

Afterdawn can't run the risk of being shut down so any talk of where to find roms is, quite rightly, not allowed.

7. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

And how are people supposed to know that having a backup game in rom form is illegal and having a backup game in cd-rom or dvd-rom form is not? I apologize for not knowing that, but i would like some respect in the future please

8. stattousm

stattousm Member

Hey, I've got respect for you buddy.

By the way, I have a question. Why would you want to play these games on PS2, when you could just play them on the original consoles?

Also, from what I hear the PS2 has trouble playing SNES roms at full speed so I can only assume that N64 games would run at a crawl.

I would think that you would be better playing these games on your PC, if you have a decent speed machine it would be prefereble to the speed that a PS2 could offer.

Then again, nothing would beat playing the games on the original console. Emulators will never emulate 100% perfectly.