1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emulation instead of Emotion Engine?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by samshizze, Jul 9, 2007.

1. samshizze

samshizze Member

From Gamespot Q&A about price cuts and 80gb model
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6173823.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;1

Anyone know what this is about? Emulation engine a more stable or powerful engine or something? Worth waiting for since I think 60GB is more than enough for me, although the bundle will give you 20 more GB and Motorstorm for $100 more?

2. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

It basically means that without the emotion chip in the 80GB model means there is less backwards compatibility with the PS3 80GB model. The 60 GB model includes the Emotion chip which is used in all of the PS2's. 80 GB model on the other hand will require more and more updates for it to be more backwards compatible. So 60GB model is best for playing the most PS1/PS2 games. And the 80GB model sure does not excite me because of the fact that,

1. No emotion chip means less out of the box backwards compatibility.
    2. More and more updates to be ran.
    3. Price, why pay 100 dollars more for a 80 GB model when you could spend a 100 on an external USB Hardrive and have more storage space.

3. samshizze

samshizze Member

Well it does include the game motorstorm which is like $60. So your paying roughly $40 for 20 more gb of ram.

And yea your right about it dealing with backwards compatability. That really isnt that important to me since I still have my PS2 from the original release date and the thing still runs lol. Although all it really does is collect dust at the moment.

Think ill just get the 60gb version and a different game since Motorstorm would probably get boring pretty quick.

4. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Yeah your probably better off getting Resistance Fall of Man or Rainbow Six Vegas, i just don't see the value in a 80GB PS3 with less out of the box backwards compatibility. And Motorstorm is fun online, very good, but single player is kinda nothing too exciting, so if your more into 1 player you'd almost do better with Elder Scrolls Oblivion IMO.