1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

emulation on the xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by jasin39, Apr 30, 2005.

1. jasin39

jasin39 Member

Hello. I just downloaded mameox.84.source. it came in a zip file so i used winrar to unzip it. I ftp'd it to my xbhd under E/emulators and then i restarted the xbox and nothing comes up. I even acquired SDK program, but not sure how to use it.

If anyone knows how to help me, either with the sdk or the emulators, please respond. here are my xbox specs

xbox. ver 1.0
    evolution x
    i forget what the newest bios is cos i am away from the xbox. but those are the ones that i have. 256kb version, (maybe its not the newest but close. something like m8)
    spiderchip modchip. running a 128gbhd.

thanks in advance

2. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

hi
    make sure that the mame folder has the laucnch file within the folder.
    example
    folder = mame0x open folder, mame0x / default.xbe should be there

also check the ini file for your dash has the correct parameters to the emulators folder

3. jasin39

jasin39 Member

when i downloaded it, it didnt have the .xbe extension. i did however take what i had and created an iso with qwix. i am not sure if qwix adds and xbe. extension to it or not

i was just gonna create afolder under the E/Emulators/then my mame folder

again not sure if it will work, i am away from xbox rightnow, but i will try it and see if it works. if it does can i then just create a cd-rw w. my roms?

I have mame on my pc, but its mame32. so i am kinda familiar w. the mame interface . its just that i am not good with coding

thanks for the reply though

4. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

hi again
    you just got the source code for mame0x?
    if you use IRC go on efnet servers, and server #xbins they have the current versions of mamex and mame0x
    there are also a couple of "alternatives" to mame0x
    you might like to try:))

5. jasin39

jasin39 Member

Ok, so i visited xbins. then ftp'd into xbins(great little set up they have!) Got the KIxx emulator that lets you play killer instinct 1 and 2. unzipped it then ftp to my E/Emulators drive of my xbox, and nothing. so then i used Quix to patch the .xbe still nothing. IS there something that i have to enable in my bios? I got my chip w. the 120gb hd combo and software. So all the folders were premade including the Emulators folder. ALso, if i were to create a new folder where the games are stored and put my emulator in there would it work?

thanks for the help

6. jasin39

jasin39 Member

now that i Ftp'd into xbins i cant get the genesis, emulators to transfer over, i have gotten other things. but none of them work.

anyone have the genesis emulators for exbox that they can email or IM to me

my yahoo id is jasin39, and my gmail is jasin39@gmail.com. with Gmail's 2gig storage feel free to hook me up with anything you like, and if i can, i will return the favor