1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emulator for ps2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by BadTast, Apr 2, 2005.

1. BadTast

BadTast Member

hello! I'm new at this.I wanted to know if anyone knows a good Emulator for ps2? How do i use it do i just have to burn the file to a dvd-r? I tried http://homepage.ntlworld.com/primrose.smith80/PS2N-PS2MaMe.zip but the site dont work for me i got the zip from another forum.Two more things.
    1) all i need is the Emulator and a burned game right?

2) Does the Emulator help play burned copys of game from a website??? sorry for the dumb questions.but i'm a newbie at this.....Thanx for the help everyone...

2. BadTast

BadTast Member

Hello! I forgot to add this.my ps2 works with dvd-r cd's.I was reading some of the forums and i found out some poeple use ( swap magic ) where can i find it? And do i really need the Emulator if i copy games from a website? Two more things

1 ) do i use ( DVD Decrypter )to burn the games , Emulator , Swap magic, from pc to a Dvd-r ( i D/L mine from a website) If i dont need to use that can you tell me what to use to burn the info to a dvd-r i know you use Dvd decrypter to copy a game pc to dvd-r

2)How do i burn it do i burn it like a dvd or like Data?............Sorry for being a pain -)

3. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

4. BadTast

BadTast Member

macldogg what one do i D/L so i can play burned games on my ps2?
    do i get it from Playstation 2 Emulation or Emulators for the Playstation 2? O yeah how do burn the program can i use nero and burn the program like a data cd or do i burn it like a dvd? I REALLY HATE being a newbie

5. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

OK...are you trying to find an emulator for PS2 (example: play SNES games on your PS2), or are you trying to play copied PS2 games?

6. Kezo

Kezo Member

are there any NES, segamegadrive, or SNES emulators for ps2 that will run off dvd r and not cd r?

7. BadTast

BadTast Member

HellO!I thought i would need a emulator to play burned games on my ps2.I didnt even know you can play (SNES,Sega,) games on the ps2 thats cool.can i get the form link where it tells me what i need to play a (SNES,SEGA games.Is there a emulator to play 3DO games? 3DO had some nice games.

So i dont need a emulator to play burned games?
    i had to have a boot cd when i used burned games on the ps1.
    I tried to burn a game for the ps2 but it tells me the cd dont work.I must be doing something wrong.

Thanx for the help malcdogg!!!

8. vans12

vans12 Regular member

To tell you the truth I have played with some ps2 emulators and none of them seem to work good. so I would just try to get a used ps2.

9. malcdogg

malcdogg Regular member

BadTast, yes you need some kind of bootdisk or modchip to play copied PS2 games, the same as PS1. A popular bootdisk is Swap Magic. Kezo, i've seen emulator disks for PS2 on DVD's around (SNESStation for example), so it must be possible, but to be honest i've never tried to make one. That would be a LOT of SNES ROMS! LOL. :)

10. romero

romero Regular member

SNES Station and PGEN (Genesis emulator) will run from both CD and DVD, I don't know about others.

11. superstui

superstui Regular member

i have a hard drive,hd loader, network adaptor, good computer,emulatos, games, mem cards... with just those things will I be able to put emulators on my pd2 hd WITHOUT a mod or swap by transfering

12. munx

munx Regular member

13. Kezo

Kezo Member

When i tried to burn a DVD with snes station after i made the ISO, it said something about not being the right settings ( Snes station somehow makes ISO's for CDs by default.. ) any idea how to make it use DVD?

14. romero

romero Regular member