1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emulator speed

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by rccolafan, Jul 21, 2007.

1. rccolafan

rccolafan Member

I have the SNES9xtyl-0.4.2 emulator, and for some games like harvest moon and star ocean it constantly slows down when changing screens/ talking/other actions. Is there anyway to speed it up? or are the roms bad or something?

2. qasim99

qasim99 Member

the rom is bad try downloading another one

3. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

I highly doubt that the ROM is bad. The SNES emulator isn't perfect yet; I can think of one game that is still even barely playable (Super Mario RPG, of course). A new, what the creator hopes to be a final, version of the emulator should be coming out soon and it should have a speed increase.

4. qasim99

qasim99 Member

I have downloaded harvest moon and it worked perfectly I got it from this site:http://www.coolrom.com/roms/snes/949/Harvest_Moon.php
    Thay have star ocean but I have not tested that yet

5. rccolafan

rccolafan Member

Its much more noticible in star ocean, during the fights it slows down almost to a stop, and I've tried some other roms and theyre the same. Is there any settings I could change that would speed it up?