1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

emulators on xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by brandonba, Jul 13, 2003.

1. brandonba

brandonba Regular member

hi i just got a xbox and i was wandering about emulators do you have to put them on your hd or can you burn them to cdr/rw? like the dreamcast? thanx

2. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

wassup..

you can do either way..
    i personally like to put everythin on the xbox harddrive (did the hd replacement), but if you do put the emulator and roms on a cd-rw, you'll need to make it the same way you make an evolution x dashboard boot cd-rw...

oh yea, it is pretty sweet being able to play a little mario 3 or chronotrigger on the xbox.. i tell ya, the power of technology...

peace
    seamonkey420

3. brandonba

brandonba Regular member

i have no idea what a evolution x dashboard boot cd-rw. if u could give me a link to what that is it would be great thanx

4. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

wassup.. here's a quick background..

you need to create an xbox image file of the folders using either xiso or isomaker. then you need to open teh .iso file with nero burn or your cd burning program and burn it to a cd-rw. this makes the disc readable in a xbox, xbox games are not like most, they are read from teh outside in as most cds/dvds are read from teh inside out...

do a google search or a search here or check out this thread for newbie info on modding..

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/11162

peace
    seamonkey420