1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emule and vista

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by avocado12, Aug 6, 2007.

1. avocado12

avocado12 Member

Hi,

I have recently purchased a new laptop (with Vista). We have two laptops in the household with a Draytek Vigor modem/router.
    Connecting to the internet is not a problem for general use, but when I try to use Emule the program seems to shut down completely stating an error message [another computer on this network has the same IP address] and it then prevents internet connection in any form.

The old settings for the modem are still active. The IP address details in Vista seem to be very confusing and I'm not sure what I'm doing there.

The Emule version is v0.48a.

Any simple instructions would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

2. justbedat

justbedat Guest

edited by ddp

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2007
  3. pistoler2

pistoler2 Member

Dude, i have vista also in my laptop.

For the error that appears it is more likely than one of the computers in your house maybe going as a "DMZ client" from the options in the router. Meaning it has no firewall at all, instead of and internal IP GIVEN BY THE ROUTER it has a "public IP" (the IP that ur ISP gave U), so everything that wants to go in it goes straight to her.

I belive that may be the conflict in question. Yes, when a computer is enabled as a "DMZ client" in the router, the other computers can surf internet too, but i'm not sure if it makes conflict with P2P programs in "NO DMZ" PCs. I believe it might.

Check this out. Because if ur Vista PC/laptop had DMZ enabled, then it shouldn't be any problem. If u don't wanna activate DMZ, just "OPEN" or "FORWARD" the EMULE Port in the firewall settings from ur ROUTER.

By the WAY. I SERIOUSLY RECOMMEND U TO DEACTIVATE THE USER ACCESS CONTROL...IT'S A FREAKIN BUGGGGGGGING SECURITY ISSUE OF VISTA. IT CAUSES A LOT OF TROUBLE of COMPATIBILITY WITH A LOT OF PROGRAMS. INSTEAD, JUST BUY SOME ANTISPYWARES, AND ANTIVIRUS...Go to user accounts in control panel, u'll find the option there to deactivate.

I HAVE 5 ANTISPYWARE RUNNING AND A GREAT ANTIVIRUS. I'M CLEAN LIKE A NUN.

IF NOT, TRY THE v0.47 emule version. Works fine to me in vista.

k. I practically managed to solve all my vista issues so far. I'll gladly help. my email pistolerolero@gmail.com

If i violated any forum rule, i'm sorry. i haven't read them.

good luck!