1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

emule: Does it matter if a you connect to a good server or not?

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by egadha, Jan 29, 2004.

1. egadha

egadha Member

Could someone please explain if the server that you connect to defines your download speed or the files that become available to you. I would guess you need to pick a server that is many users with a low ping time.

Thanks!!!

2. Mattrage

Mattrage Regular member

When I used eMule, I went with the lowest ping time (usually was .S.E.D.G for me.) This is because regardless of what server you are on, you can reach anyone with a high ID. If it's a more rare file that you want, you can try to pick up some more (lowid) sources to speed things up a bit. Go to jigle.com, paste in the ed2k link for your file (right-click on the file in eMule and select copy ed2k link) and after you've let jigle update the file (you usually have to anyway) click on servers, and the one with the most users with that file is listed at the top of that list of server links. Clicking on it will add the server in eMule, and then you just need to find it in the list and connect to it. You may not see a difference in speed right away, but it will make a difference in the long run. Hope that helps!