1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emule Download / Upload- Alternatives

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by garethp, May 4, 2004.

1. garethp

garethp Guest

Hi all,, I am needing some help on uploading in emule.

Basically i have just had my adsl (FAIRADSL.CO.UK) connection suspended due to uploading or downloading a movie "THE SECRET WINDOW" So the first thing i did was talk to the support team which are a bit useless to be honest. They told me that its not the downloading they are bothered about its the uploading thats P***ING them off, Well is there any way i can us emule to download movies and not get suspended, I here on the grape vine there are other ways of downloading apps, music & movies not using emule. Can anyone help

gareth

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Well just remember you're here to ask questions about p2p not to learn how to commit piracy! Basically, when you upload a movie on eMule or "share it" then your isp get a letter saying you have done it. So they bitch at you about it. But as for eMule, cracks and such exist but they make it worse because servers blacklist u, then u can forget about it.

IRC is a place to download that you dont have to upload on however!

3. garethp

garethp Guest

Thanks for replying, I know that we are not suppose to do it, But the whole idea of me getting adsl was to download stuff off the internet faster. Anyway IRC? What is that? And would peergardian help me with my first problem?

thanks again

gareth