1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emule - downloads vs. uploads

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by jsteter, Mar 16, 2005.

1. jsteter

jsteter Guest

I have a question for the emule experts out there. I just started using this and it seems like a good program and p2p system. However, I am having trouble downloading. I can log on to servers and I always have a high ID. I use cable broadband and have a very high connection speed. When I try to download files, I just get the "waiting" message. Last night I waited for over 30 min on (3) files and none of them ever began to download. What gets on my nerves is that I was always uploading at high speeds and most of these people were leechers with Low ID's. What is the deal? Also, is there a was to cutoff the leechers who never upload, but are always downloading from me? Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

Firstly may I suggest that you change the upload capacity to between 16 - 20 no need for any more than this. It doesnt matter the amount of people that you upload too as long as you limit your upload capacity. Make sure to uncheck the download limit box so as to not limit the speed at which you can download.

To do this:

Go to the options tab and click on connection. Make sure that you are connected to the kad network aswell this will help a great deal when searching for more sources.
    If possible change your hard limit to 2500 and your Max connections to 5000.

I also reccomend connecting to a large server like Razorback 2.

The whole program is based on a points system and the more that you share and upload the more points that you earn. These points give you preferance over people in the que when waiting for a particular file. So just give it time and build up those points before long you will be downloading within minutes.

Hope this helps

3. EvilJohn

EvilJohn Guest

You can also use the program netlimiter to control your upload-speed. Just type in the name in google and you will find it. It's a very useful program which allows you to control your download and/or your upload-speed for every program that connects to the internet. I usually set it to max 2KB/s for a program like emule, otherwise I am always over the limit of my provider. Hope this can help you out

cheers

4. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

you need to make sure that you upload at a minnimum of 16 for e-mule or you will affect your own downloads.

5. EvilJohn

EvilJohn Guest

It is configured in emule on minimun 16Kb/s. Netlimiter is just another program that controls the speed over emule and makes sure that your uploadspeed is not too high. I don't think it affects my downloads, at least i didn't noticed yet.