1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emule is killing me

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by EmuleDork, Oct 12, 2004.

1. EmuleDork

EmuleDork Member

Hi,

This is my first post and i really dunno what exactly to write, but here is the thing with emule, i have a high id and was uploading/downloading fine till 2 days ago the download stopped completely and the upload is still working at constant 10k, i keep on getting a message every now and then that i am banned coz i am leeching, this is not true, i am already being uploaded from 24 hrs/day and now i can't download anything, this is like bying a dsl line for charity purposes which i can't afford to do, i need to solve this problem and was wondering if anybody can help me with that, i have emule v0.44b and a dsl line 512k/128k thank you.

2. EmuleDork

EmuleDork Member

guys, please help me out, i am totally lost here, it seems that someone else complained about the same problem a month ago and didn't receive any reply either, if somebody can just reply i will be grateful, thanks

3. jazto71

jazto71 Member

some users ask that you share so many files in order to download from them or have programs that will run in the background and check for users not sharing enough. not sure if that helps you or not.

4. EmuleDork

EmuleDork Member

hey, but cummon i am already sharing all files i have on my hardrive and for god's sake there is about 3 million users out there, suddenly it seems that all of them require so many files to be shared? don think so i am still at the same mess and think of terminating my dsl subscription coz its costing me money and i dont get anything from it in return :(

5. djcsurf

djcsurf Guest

ERRRR...
    Why dont you try another P2P

6. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

What you really mean is, your DSL connection isn't letting you pirate stuff! =D

Have you tried reinstalling eMule, and is eMule updated to the latest version? Also, have you tried setting up the internet connections/ports again. I wouldn't worry about the "bannning" message though.

7. EmuleDork

EmuleDork Member

i already tried edonkey and shareaza, same problem though, i had another machine (a laptop) i borrowed from work and tried, again the same thing, i have uninstalled and reinstalled emule like million times and of course it is updated, there is nothing wrong with the ports because the port test succeed and i am already having kazaa lite on another machine but it is soo lame and i can't find anything i want there, about pirating stuff i don have to worry about that, thats what is good about living in a 3rd world country, no laws or regulations about that here so i am legal and good to go, still i have this problem which makes me very annoyed.

8. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

9. InfoUser

InfoUser Member

Search for and install bittorrent. After that, check out Suprnova.org

This goes for everyone, even if you're not having issues with eMule.

10. mieanna

mieanna Member

i am having the same issue but i am being banned from azureus and i have been sharing files as well....wat should i do???plz help me