1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emule - Load of recent problems

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Klox, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Klox

Klox Member

I have been using emule for a long ass time and then I switched to emule plus which has been great, then all of the sudden I can't minimize emule to my tray and the upload/download speeds don't update in the toolbar and I seem to always have a low id. I have always uploaded at 30kb constantly and have had great download. Now I still upload at 30kb, but I download at next to nothing. Its really starting to get me frustrated and I have searched google and these forums for any kind of answer, but I haven't seen any. So here I am, hoping somebody does have an answer for me =] I have tried reinstalling emule plus and changing the ports and stuff and nothign seems to help =/ I am using Windows XP Pro if that means anything. Thanks for your time.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Have you recently installed SP2 for XP?

3. Klox

Klox Member

I do have my update settings set to auto, so perhaps it is the SP2. I just checked windows update and I have no new updates. What should I do if it is installed?

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Here's some information about why Service Pack 2 is bad for P2P networks like the Donkey Network!

http://www.lvllord.de/

There's also patches supplied but PLEASE read everything before you patch! Hope that helps!

P.S. it's also good to allow eMule priority over toher programs running under XP, you can do this by hitting CTRL ALT and DELETE, then click the processes tab and find emule.exe, right click it and change its priority settings to HIGH.

5. outhere

outhere Member

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM MYSELF-I solved this problem tonight so i will tell you what worked for me.
    I have a modem wich apperently is also a router.i open manually in the past all the right ports but somehow it changed from ip address of 10.0.0.150 to 10.0.0.151 and bang it works.
    LET ME KNOW

6. Klox

Klox Member

Hey it worked =p I didn't even notice that my ip's were different. My two computers ip's were switched. I guess this one was off when/if the router rebooted so it changed them. Anyways, now I got green arrows for razorback2 and a clientid of 1461259544. Thanks a lot.

7. outhere

outhere Member

Good Im glad it worked for you.
    for some weird reason the numbers are switching sometimes and this can drive you crazy...;-)