1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

emule....low priority downloads..

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by MartMart, Aug 10, 2004.

1. MartMart

MartMart Member

I'm not sure if its just co-incidence or not, and obviously the amount of sources plays a major part among lots of other things but I've noticed that the files that have the fastest downloads are the ones that are set to "low priority"..I noticed this a couple of days ago..the higher priorities seemed to have the lowest kpbs or the lowest amount of sources transferring the files..not always tho but more often than not. I've watched this for a coupole of days so as to confirm it before posting here and its still happening. Is this just a co-incidence...I'm not complaining ofcourse :p just wondering.

2. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Hmm, I assume you're using eMule? I would recommend you to try Overnet, as it is much faster than eMule, PLUS, the downloads almost start straight away! (Just make sure you don't change the Max Connections)

3. MartMart

MartMart Member

Hehe...

1. yes..I am using emule as it says in the title of the thread :p

2. It wasn't a complaint..I'm happy that I get faster downloads..I'm hitting 80kbs downloads of up to 9 or so files at a time ...my question was... is it just co-incidence that I seem to be getting faster downloads on the files set to "low priority".

Mart :)

4. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Lol, I was recommending, but I didn't actually think you were complaining (as it says in your first post).

Maybe you should call tell the eMule team about this Low Priority thing.