1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emule Plus Problem!! HELP

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Knewie1, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Knewie1

Knewie1 Member

Hi guys!
    I have an Emule Plus problem! After about a week of reading everything on the internet about Port Forwarding and endless hours of playing (following instructions) with my router settings, I finally got a high ID last night. After i downloaded a song i couldn't play it. When i went into my "incoming" folder it was empty. I tried to find it using the "search" option on my pc, but nothing came up. It says on Emule that the download was complete but it seems to have vanished.

When i installed Emule to begin with and was trying to figure out all the Port Forwarding stuff (which is very confusing for me) i had a lowID but was still able to download songs, but just slowly. And i was able to go into my "incoming" folder and play the songs.

I am using a Compaq Presario C500 laptop which is running Windows Vista Basic. When i installed Emule i installed it on C:/emule instead of the default which is C:/program files/emule. I had read on the Emule homepage that i had to do this if running Vista.

I am using the port numbers: 4660 TCP and 4670 UDP.

This morning i decided to uninstall Emule and re-install it to see if this would work. After doing this i opened Emule so i could change the ports back to the 4660 and 4670 to begin downloading again but, now have a new problem it now says "Your 4660 port is not reachable. Please review your network config."

I thought i would get my highID like before because i hadn't changed anything, just re-installed. I haven't changed anything in my router settings (which by the way is a Netgear Wireless DG834Gv3) either.

I hope everyone can understand this, if not please let me know what you need clarified and i will try.

I don't know much about this port forwarding etc stuff but a friend uses Emule and just loves it so i really wanted to give it ago!!

Thank you
    Renee

2. Knewie1

Knewie1 Member

Me again!!
    Sorry i don't know how to add or edit my last message, so i am replying to it.. (sorry!)

I have just downloaded a song even though i have a lowID and i CAN play the song but i still have the "Your 4660 port is not reachable. Please review your network config." problem.

Thanks
    Renee