1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emule, Upload Limit Set To High, Can It Degrade My Downloads

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by rogue20, May 5, 2009.

1. rogue20

rogue20 Regular member

Hi, i'm on Virgin Media and have the 2MB broadband package, i use the wizard in emule to set my download and upload limits.

Trouble is my broadband can drop down to 1MB at times, i have no way of knowing when this happens when emule is running, this will obviously effect my down and upload limit settings in emule and my upload limit will be to high. I've just found out that my upload limit has always been set to high, not getting the promised bandwidth from ISP provider.

Now here's my concern and problem if true, i'm not sure if i'm correct but i think i once read that if i set my upload limit to high this can degrade my downloads, say video or audio will be degraded, is this true? will my video have a degraded or poorer picture.

If this is true is it best then to use emule's automatic upload limit by setting it to 0, would i have to adjust my download limit as well, many thanks for your help and time.

2. elliott

elliott Regular member

I don't use emule I use utorrent but typical settings are 300kb down 32kb upload this gives optimum speeds with decent amount of sharing.