1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eMule vs BitTorrent

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by ken760ca, Nov 13, 2003.

1. ken760ca

ken760ca Member

I am a long time Overnet, eDonkey and eMule user. I have been hearing good things about BitTorrent. I did read some of the responces about it here and it seems to be nice. But I think there should be a thread to discuss how it compares to eMule.

I mostly download huge files of all kinds with a good cable connection. I would love to hear from people who have used both and also download large files on a regular basis. I love eMule but even after sharing a lot of files with 10kbps upstream and perfecting the options to get better performance, its still on the slower side. Any eMule or eDonkey users that switched to mostly BitTorrent?

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Well basically, Bit Torrent is good and fast for a files but it only lasts for as long as it takes to spread and then it gets taken off tracker. eMule has files for years literally! You cant compare them, they're like apples and oranges (as dRD always says!). They have their good and their bad points, unfortunately both are currently being monitored by many corperations at the moment so be careful mate!

3. Matador

Matador Regular member

Switch to a DC++ client.Better then eMule and BT.

Im mostly on DC++ hubs now.On eMule I only found around 1-2 gbs of Stock Photos.

On DC++ hubs i found over 40gb+ of Stock Photos.I dl 30gb+ in 4 days.

Before any one talks about Piracy Stock Photos are not copyrighted.

4. Dela

DC++ rules but for people starting out with not much to share they have to wait a while as u would know to get into a good hub!

5. IronHell

IronHell Member

Do any of you have troubles with DC? I downloaded the latest version of DC (2.0 something) and when I click on preferences and folders, I don't see the buttons like "Browse" that let's you select which folders you want to share!!!) I tried installing the same program on the computer at work and the buttons show up!!! What's up with that? I am running WinXP and I have NO idea what's causing those buttons to disappear... any ideas? Thanks.

IronHell

6. Dela

God i'd love to help I just havent used DC in ages i swear lol, but hey ill look into it for ya!