1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eMule Vs Torrent

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Metallo, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Metallo

Metallo Member

Hi,

I am a Torrent user for at least 2 years and yesterday I have installed eMule.
    The main difference I've seen is in the availability of downloading stuff, it's higher for eMule but I must say that it's very slow comparing to Torrent.
    I began this morning to download a Game of 600 Mb and after 12 hours I have downloaded only 20%.
    With Torrent, the longest downloading I ever had was 4 hours for the same volume.
    Maybe it's a coincidence but eMule so far doesn't impress me at all.

Your comments?

Thanks
    Alex

2. chaoz

chaoz Member

Emule is for those hard to find files. I think you use it to the most effectiveness is if you download lots of files at a time. When I use Emule I usually have 10-20 files waiting to download.

3. Metallo

Metallo Member

It's a big problem if you have a limit of 1,5 GB in uploading/per month.
    It's now 2 days on and I've consumed 80% of my limit only to download a game!
    Do you think that having 20 files in uploading together would give me more credits an overall less uploading??

Thanks
    Alex

4. chaoz

chaoz Member

It don't matter how much you upload at a time, it matters how fast you upload. The faster you upload the faster you can download. Credit don't do much, just makes your queues shorter. You can only download 1.5 gig a month? I download that much everyday.

5. teggy

teggy Regular member

Dude I get 30gb a month... 1.5gb is really bad. And yeah Bittorent I dl at bt 4-5 hours for PS1 games. But PS2 games especially MGS3, it goes at 30kb after a couple of hours with 100+ hours to go, but good thing is though it speeds up when idle.

But I am looking for a P2P, as K@zaa and doesn't work for me anymore and w!nmx is more leaning towards music (I know the K@zaa ppl are in court). I also tried DC++ and was not impressed. Now hearing this bt emule, I am wondering if there are any programs other than the ones I mentioned.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2004
  6. Metallo

Metallo Member

Hi,

To be clearer I get 10 GB total volume per month, of which 1.5 GB in upload.

Yeas, indeed not much for what I monthly pay, 41.95 €.
    But my cable connection is very good, and fast.

Cheers
    Alex