1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

emule

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by muttley, Feb 21, 2003.

1. muttley

muttley Member

I read a lot about emule being the dogs, so I set it all up. I connected to the server with the most downloads and expected some fast exchanges. What I got was pretty dissappointing, low speed downloading for about 95% of the time. It appears to be no better than Kazaalite. The only advantage I've found is the ability to use Sharereactor to pick file whose integrity has been checked by others. I've followed the tutorials carefully and set everything up as described. My ID is high yet the speed is still slow.

My question is this:- Would I be better off connecting to another server in the hope that more of it's users are sharing the files I need? Sorry if this seems like a silly question.

Thanks for any help I may be offered

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Be nice and upload is the way to go. Also share a shit load of stuff so you'll always have someone on your upload list and a few thousand more on your queue. Of course, the more you upload to, the more clients will be known and the more priority you have over others!

3. muttley

muttley Member

Thanks for the reply Dela. I'm going to take your advice and stick with it for a few weeks and hope the speed improves

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

It'll be a pity if it doesn't because it really is better than most p2p apps! The quality of the files on it is just amazing!