1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Encoding and Burning all with Nero

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by jbe01, Apr 20, 2003.

1. jbe01

jbe01 Member

Is there a way i can do this? When i try to re-encode a DIVX movie with NERO it doesnt get the aspect ratio right and stretches the image, but it does play. Is there a way to tell it the exact size it should burn it at and encode it at? It plays fine, but it just doesnt leave the wide screen bars in there and stretches it across the entire screen and looks horrible. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks
    jbe01

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

[bold]Encode DivX to ? [/bold] (MPEG1= VCD, MPEG2=SVCD)
    I recommend using an encoder like TMPEnc or CCE (Cinema Craft Encoder) or Canopus ProCoder.

Shoey :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2003
  3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Well if you right click the file after you've draged it to the compilation window and click propertys i think you can change that HOWEVER, Nero sucks bad at encoding!! All you will get in the end is bad quality and sometimes you will see the file has been flipped vertically.

I recommend you use TMPGEnc to encode AVI to VCD.

TMPGEnc.
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_tools/tmpgenc.cfm

First of all, just click file - project wizard, when it asks you for the input video and audio stream just click the browse button on video and add the avi and it should auto load the audio stream. Then click next.

Tick the box beside source range and when source range comes up, click "move to start frame" and click "set start frame", then click "move to end frame" and click "set end frame"! That will make sure that it wont over estimate the length of the movie! Click OK. Then click the other settings button. Change Motion Search Precision to "Highest Quality". Click the advanced tab. Change Video Arrage Method to "Full Screen (Keep Aspect Ratio)". This will make sure it wil remain Widescreen. Click OK and then click next.

Keep clicking next then until the encoding starts, you should get a message telling you that the resulting file will be too large for the medium you are using but just continue!

Now, some possible errors may occur unfortunately, for instance, no sound on the output file, if that happens i will tell you what to do to fix it! Also TMPGEnc might not have even opened the file for you and just said unsupported, if it did then I will tell you how to fix that too!

But of course, if all went well then all you have left to do is drag the mpg file into the compilation window in nero and nero wont re-encode it because it doesnt need to, but if it does attempt to, you may need to write vcd headers on the file!

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

5. jbe01

jbe01 Member

Thanks for all the help, I am somewhat familiar with using TMPGENC, but was just looking for a shortcut. :) One more question if i may, I burnt some trailers just to test them out for my DVD player, and they worked pretty good, but they kinda freeze every once and a while, they seem to come out of it alright, but freeze, and its kinda annoying. Why is this happening? And how would i add VCD headers like you suggested?

Thanks

Ben

6. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

If you used TMPGEnc, that is completely normal, if you mean a slight pause every second or so that ios noticeable in slow scenes!