1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Encoding and decrypting

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by silvia240, Aug 16, 2003.

1. silvia240

silvia240 Guest

I have read lots of threads and im still lost..If i downloaded a movie off of kazaa, i would need to compress before i burn it???
    Also, the recomended programs to burn movies off the internet dvd shrink and nero or do i need something else?

2. XrichardX

XrichardX Member

Okay. When you download movies, they go directly to your hard drive. They will go there probably as a "Windows Media Player", or "Real Player", or whatever "player" you have's files. You don't burn these files on a disc, because they won't work in a regular DVD player. You need to make them an "Image" file. Then you can burn them to a DVD using Nero or whichever program you choose. You only need to compress a movie if it is larger than 4.7 Gb. Hope this helped!

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Your file will most likely be a DivX file. You will need to re-encde the file to Mpeg2 format using TMPGEnc Plus. Once done, take the outputted file and convert to VOB DVD complaint files using TMPGEnc DVD Author. Then burn as a data file inside a VIDEO_TS folder. If it is over 4450MB, you will need to compress using DVD Shrink or something.