1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

encoding ogm movies to mpeg subtitle problem

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Vegetto, Jun 16, 2004.

1. Vegetto

Vegetto Member

I encode this ogm with TMPGEnc i convert it to mpeg, but when the vobsub thing comes up
    I change it to japanse and english subs
    but it takes 2mins for the subtitles to kick in
    and I missed 2 mins of subtitles of the movie I was encoding
    so how can I set it up so that it automatically is set for subtitles and japansese audio?

2. shiroh

shiroh Guest

is it sync ? hard or soft sub ? try rewinding.

3. Vegetto

Vegetto Member

I cant rewind when im encoding. This is when im encoding with tmpgenc that the subtitles only come up after 2mins and I lose 2min of subtitles because for some reason they wont change right away

Last edited: Jun 17, 2004
  4. shiroh

shiroh Guest

so, i assume, you abort a 2pass encoding ? have you seen the end result or just a clip. anyway you can see if its not coincidentally skip by the preview by watching the using the preview every frame in the....look for it.

you didn't said if it in sync or not, it could be that the time is wrong at one part and drag the others with it.

if it is then it should be corrected, use subresync

5. Vegetto

Vegetto Member

I have seen the end result. Like I said I miss 2mins of subtitles and after the two minutes they show up,yes the subtitles are sync. Yes I have tmpgenc set to preview every frame. I dont know what you mean by coincidentally skip by the preview. Anywase I watched the original ogm file and I know where the subtitles come in so I know it misses 2mins because vobsub is automatically set for english so it doesnt show the subtitles right away so that means you have to change it while it starts to encode and when you change it, it changes japanese language right away but it doesnt change it to subtitles right away.

So is their a way to set vobsub to english subs before the file starts so when it starts it will be automatically be set to japanse and english subtitles so i dont have to change it

Last edited: Jun 17, 2004
  6. Vegetto

Vegetto Member