1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

encoding problem.........

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Deciever, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Deciever

Deciever Member

ok im trying to encode an avi file using mainconcept mpegencoder, but the problem is the final encoded file freezes for the last 5 or so minutes and well, nobody likes missing the ending. But i can't encode it using TMPGEnc because the output file would be 2 times to big at the lowest settings, so i was wondering if there is any way to stop the freezing at the end?

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I also saw MainConcepts has some problems. Sometimes the converted movies also have bad quality, I wouldn't suggest it.
    But what's the problem with TMPGenc? Usually only a 80' VCD movie fits on a 80' CD (80' MPEG-1 = 800 MB) and a SVCD movie is twice as large (40' MPEG-2 = 800 MB). You'll occupy less room if you make K(S)VCDs.
    Don't expect to have small mpegs from an AVI. The only way to save room is to be able to play DivX AVIs with your DVD player.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2004
  3. Deciever

Deciever Member

TMPGEnc says when encoded to mpeg it will take up 9.5GB.......as it always say when i go to encode a dvdrip with it, mainconcept normally makes the file uneder 4gb so i use that, but now all the movies freeze for the last 5mins so im kinda stuck...

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

But hoh much long is it? 5 hrs? The 'ruld of thumb' is "approx 155 min DVD MPEG-2 movie fit on a standard 4.55 DVD-R".
    You'll have either to do Setting____Advanced____Source Range to split the movie into 2 (frame= 0-->F for DVD1; frame= F+1--->end(put -1 and it will reach the end) for DVD2) or register (pay)at kvcd.net and download the kdvd templetes [which aren't free as the K(S)VCD and allow 6 hrs of movie DVD quality into a DVD]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2004
  5. Deciever

Deciever Member

the dvd itself only goes for 137mins but according to TMPGEnc it wont fit on a single 4.5gb disc, yet when encoded with mainconcepts one it fits easily....

6. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

It must be a problem of your TMPGenc. I mean, the size is terribly huge and the use of MainConcept isn't usually useful since sometimes it converts worse than TMPGenc.

7. shiroh

shiroh Guest

you have vbr audio, this make tmpgenc goes crazy.
    decode audio to wav

8. Deciever

Deciever Member

thx guys, the audio was the problem, after fixing that and then using TMPGEnc it didn't freeze at the end.