1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Encoding Problems using TMPGEnc

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by huntsman, Dec 21, 2004.

1. huntsman

huntsman Member

I've been having real problems with this program.

When it comes to encoding an AVI file in to just an M2V output file (I'll demux and convert the audio to AC3 later) the output file is always of drastically different length than the input AVI.

Upon watching the M2V file, I discovered that in periods of low activity, (I.e. the cast sitting at a table not doing much) the video wil speed this up.

This results in a file which is 40mins long from an inout file of length 1hr 4mins. This just screws up the whole process.

I've got all the neccessary codecs and have tried using different VFAPI plugins but always the same result.

What in the name of satans portion is going on?!!!
    PLease Help

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Are you sure this is nor a fault of your PC? (MPEG-2 watching is hard...). Is the encoded M2V as long as the AVI movie? Watch the movie with BSPlayer. It will show, in the main screen, 00:00:00 / length (and then it will start countint the movie's time). Is that numner correct?

3. daemonzx6

daemonzx6 Regular member

I have had many a problem trying to play MPEG2s. Yeah, use BS Player or a DVD playback prog.

4. jaxdolfan

jaxdolfan Member

To play mpeg2 files, do a google search for vidolan player.

5. jaxdolfan

jaxdolfan Member

That should have read videolan player.