1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Encoding Process- Slow as molasses

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by matt_301, Jan 7, 2005.

1. matt_301

matt_301 Member

When i first bought my burners it was encoding at more than 2000kb/s and no its been taking 6hours with 267kb/s how can i fix this and why is this happening

2. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

Do you regularly Defrag you HDD? I know after about 5-10 rips/burns my system slow down noticably. Usually after a defrag things go back to normal. Also, do you have enough room free on your HDD? Once those things start to fill up it can mean bad news if they get too full.

3. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

4. stonecld

stonecld Member

nec 3500 new egg 70 clams shipped fast drive cooks whole dvd in 30 minutes with Clone dvd2 and Any Dvd

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

matt_301 do you have 2 drives installed your DVD Burnner and DVD-ROM? if so open up your computer and make sure that the burrner is set to master and placed on the middle conector of the IDE cable and set the DVD-ROM as slave and place that at the end of the IDE cable conector. It solved others problems with slow DVD Shrink.

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I had the DVDs switched wrong in the uper reply. They have the DVD burrner set to the end of the IDE cable and the DVD-ROM reader set to the Middle Cable. There was like 4 people that was having that problem all switched there drives around and all had faster Shrinking time.

7. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

have you checked your dma settings ? if you are not in dma mode you will have slow read write times . to check these settings right click on my computer and select manage and than select device manager , now expand the ide ata/atapi controllers , right click on either the primary ide channel or secondary and select properties and advanced settings . you will see dma settings here . if you find that your secondary ide channel is in pio mode uninstall the channel and reboot your computer . go back and make sure you now in dma mode . hope this helps