1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Encoding Speed

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by spoofter, Nov 17, 2004.

1. spoofter

spoofter Guest

ok, am i missing a step or does it take this long for everyone.

Within DVD Shrink I do:
    Open File - like 2 minutes to complete
    Backup File (to HD)- takes 45+ minutes to complete

Within DVD Decrypter I do:
    Select file
    Burn File - takes about 10 minutes to burn to dvd

Is there any way i can reduce the backup file time?

2. spoofter

spoofter Guest

ok, i just read where one guy said to "disable burn with nero"

Could this be whey my encoding speed is only like 2.5x and when i burn to dvd its in the mid 4x's?

3. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Are you using a seperate DVD drive to read the disc? The times you have given are not all that bad depending on the size of the disc you're trying to backup. However the ripping speed crucially depends on the read speed and condition of the drive the disc is in. Other factors would only be important if other programmes on your PC are also slowing down. DVD rom drives today typically read a DVD disc at around 16x speed compared to 12x not long ago so it is worth upgrading your DVD rom drive if it's feirly old. If you are using a seperate drive to read the disc try using the burner instead and see if there is any difference.

4. spoofter

spoofter Guest

My burner is about year, year 1/2 old (came with sony viao). I use the dvd-rw to do all. I have a normal dvd reader in another pc. Im going to try that one and see how fast it pulls it off.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2004