1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Encoding Twice?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Synthetix, Apr 15, 2005.

1. Synthetix

Synthetix Regular member

I was making my backup for TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE (the new version) and when DVD Shrink finished encoding, it automatically started again? This is the 2nd time it happens. It first happend with Troy. What's the reason for this?

Also, on Tx Ch. Massacre, do I have to keep the AC3 ENGLISH DIRECTOR'S COMMENT? There are 3 of them. Thanx

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

The quality settings in dvd shrink, involve 2 passes,it takes longer but its worth the extra time imho.When there is a certain amount of compression needed, the quality settings are enabled automatically.The first pass is actually deep analysis.

No, you dont have to keep the directors commentary audio streams,I never do.
    good luck
    jD

Last edited: Apr 15, 2005
  3. Synthetix

Synthetix Regular member

Thanx. Wow, so it only does this on some movies where the compression is higher? Because on the others I didn't have this, only with troy, which it was a long movie.

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

You have several enhancement options on your backup options tab. After deciding to do entire disc/main-movie only/set still images/and etc: You click the backup tab. This is where you have all your backup options and settings.Click on the quality settings tab,if it isn't grayed out,then the movie is compressed.

You have 2 boxes: Perform Deep Analysis and Compress Video for Quality adaptive error comp. By ticking these 2 boxes,the quality of your backup will improve,but the time will drasticly increase.
    The lower box:compress video for adaptive error comp: You have several choices like max smoothness,max sharpness,etc.

I usually don't use these unless they are very big movies like "lord of the rings" and "harry potter".

By reducing compression by cutting out extra audio streams/director's commentary/menus/and bonus crap-the less likely you are going to use these enhancements.Sometimes you also have several main movies,I just keep the 1 with full screen version on those.

BTW, I usually do main movie only,cut out beginning and ending credits, and just tick AC3 5.1-ch English only.
    Good Luck and burn on!