1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Encoding using TMPG (Doom 9's Guide)

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by TeddyKGB, Jul 14, 2002.

1. TeddyKGB

TeddyKGB Guest

I've created some DVD-R succesfully but each one I've tried is getting more complex due to length, extras, etc. My latest attempt requires me to re-encode the video stream. I'm trying to use TMPG and one of the steps in the guide is in the GOP structure tab and the force picture type setting. Then it tells me to load the "TmpgTemplate.txt that IfoEdit has created for you." What the hell is that? I don't remember seeing that anywhere. When does it create it for me and where does it put it? Anyone know?
    Thanks

2. reena

reena Guest

open ifoedit
    load vts******.ifo for the movie you are re encoding
    click on creat tmp.... button in ifo edit (bottom of window) and save resulting text file tadaaaaa !!

3. Snowface

Snowface Member

click on creat tmp.... button in ifo edit (bottom of window) and save resulting text file tadaaaaa !!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    tadaaaa !?
    I doens't work with me. Everytime I open that file in TMPGEnc it "crashes". It uses 100% cpu power and after about 50 min. I just killed it and tried ReMPEG2 and CCE (still having problems with this, see other post). Or did I do anything wrong?

4. max2

max2 Member

Use ifoedit 0.88 since 0.91 has a bug. Create TMPGEnc Template selecting only I frames when asked. Then load the file in TMPGEnc. I think TMPGEnc crashes because ifoedit 0.91 creates a file with all the frames (also B and P) which is too big for TMPGENC.

5. Snowface

Snowface Member

Allright! I'm gonna try it immediately. I'd rather not use ReMPEG2, because of the quality. And CCE need to be remastered. So thanx for the tip.