1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

encoding vxid

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by amy8440, Feb 19, 2003.

1. amy8440

amy8440 Member

Every time I try to encode The Ring it freezes at the same spot. The timer and frames keeps moving but the picture freezes. The movie works fine before I try to encode it. It is a xvid file that I am trying to make a vcd. I have tried every thing I can find but nothing works. I have read ppl with similar problems but I have no idea how to fix this. I am using TMPGEnc. Hope someone can help.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

The pause in the ring can easily be fixed using VirtualDUBMOD! http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_tools/virtualdubmod.cfm

Open the avi in virtualdub and go to the part that freezes (i think its where she just got out of bed and is running into her son!). When you press left and right in virtualdub it skips a frame in that direction! so go to where it starts sticking and click the second last button on the list opf buttons at the end of virtualdub! It means start selection! now keep hitting right, it will freeze but it will continue after the bad frames, when you get to them, click the last button which is end selection! Click edit and click delete selection! Now click video - direct stream copy. Click Audio and click direct stream copy and click file - save as avi. The avi saved should have the bad frames removed! Play the file near the end and see if the audio is still in sync and if it is then good!

If that sounds too hard look for a program called avifixed and see if that will fix it easier for you!