1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Encore DVD Error

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Trekkie47, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Trekkie47

Trekkie47 Member

When I open Encore DVD (1.0), it immediately displays this error: "Sorry, an abnormal condition has been detected. You will have one chance to save." It seems to have something to do with building the different windows (Tools, History, etc). I tried reinstalling, and installing the 1.0.1 update, which said it couldn't find Encore DVD 1.0 in the folder (when it clearly is).

My comp's specs:
    Pentium 4 2.4Ghz (no HT)
    1024Mb RAM
    40GB Boot drive (Encore installed here)
    40GB & 250GB storage drives
    Windows XP Pro SP1
    ASUS V9950 graphics card (FX 5900 Ultra w/ 256Mb)

...help?

2. Krystovar

Krystovar Regular member

Do you have MGI VideoWave installed on your computer? Sometimes it installs a codec called DVSoft which interferes with the MicrosoftDV codec.

If that's the case it's possible Encore is having trouble loading all the codecs properly.

3. Trekkie47

Trekkie47 Member

I'm afraid I don't. I've tried running it in various compatibility modes at various hardware accelerations at both 16- and 32-bit graphica modes, with and without 'write combining' (what is this?).

I have also determined that the problem is window-related--if I close the library, etc. windows before I close it, when I reopen Encore it displays no error. Only when I try to create a new project and it opens the various toolbar windows does it show the error message.