1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

encripted dvd game

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by sasyladyb, Oct 23, 2004.

1. sasyladyb

sasyladyb Guest

Hi all, a friend of mine copied the new Sims2 game for me. I recently installed a CDR/CDRW/DVDrom along with my other CDR/CDRW burner. It won't let me install it on my pc. Is there a way for me to install it after it was copied? I am in the middle of downloading DVD Region Free to see if that will help...what do ya think. I'm not new to PC's, however, I am new to the DVD burning and decripting area. Anyone help?

2. sasyladyb

sasyladyb Guest

Ok...I got it to install...now it is telling me that I need to insert the CD Rom...does this mean that I have to have the original? If so, what am I looking for in the read me file to get rid of or will a ripper do that for me?

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Sims2 uses an entirely different and much tougher protection that DVD movies - SafeDisc 3.20.022 to be exact - so standard DVD movie tools aren't applicable.

What you're experiencing is the results of a piss poor copy so your friend needs to do some homework before attempting another copy :)

Moved to appropriate forum