1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Encryption and Protection

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by VidPro, Mar 31, 2005.

1. VidPro

VidPro Member

Hello everyone,

I am obviously new, and look forward to visiting this site.

A quick bit on my background...I worked for a video production company 7 years before the owner was tragically killed, and nobody has filled in his void for the last 8 years here in the surrounding area, so I thought I would give it a shot.

Granted, he filmed with VHS. Now that we are in the digital age of filming, things are much different - and I am having to learn EVERYTHING at an exponential rate.

I understand that people are much more interested in ripping and/or decrypting DVDs here than are not. However, if you put yourself in my position, you want to protect your work (weddings, graduations, etc.).

Please, fill me in on what the very BEST ways of protecting my work will be. The less people are capable of duplicating my videos, the better off I will do in my business (of course!).

Thank you, and I look forward to hearing from you.

David

2. VidPro

VidPro Member

BTW - I have an external Plextor 716 DVD burner, and the Roxio software it came with.

I currently use Pinnacle 9.4 to edit my work.

My camcorder is a Panasonic PV-GS150.

David

3. Weycraze

Weycraze Regular member

You could get a hold a Macrovision and ask if you can try out thier newest protection scheme call RipGuard.

www.macrovision.com

Good Luck!