1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Encryption Detected

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by mate777, Apr 25, 2003.

1. mate777

mate777 Member

Using DVD2ONE I get to the select audio and subtitle streams. After making my selections I hit next and instead of getting the processing box I get a box that say's encription detected dvd2one cannot decrypt. then it cancelles the process. What did I not do or do wrong in this process??? I used DVD dicrypter prior ro DVD2ONE>

Last edited: Apr 25, 2003
  2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

You need to unencrypt the files with either DVD Decrypter or Smartripper

3. mate777

mate777 Member

I did do that with DVD decrypter...

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

try Smartripper then , it's a free d/l

5. mate777

mate777 Member

I downloaded smartripper, ripped the movie went into DVD2ONE and got the encrypted message again. What else can I try.........

6. mate777

mate777 Member

Well I tried both the DVD Ripper and the smart ripper but I get the same message in DVD2ONE that encripted data has been detected and it cannot decript. Then it ends the session. I have been searching the forum for an identical problem but have not seen one as yet. Any ideas out there...............I have tried different movies also.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2003
  7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

have you done any movies yet or is it your first?

ok, when i had a play with smartripper and dvd2one i had to play the dvd in powerdvdxp first to unlock macromedia i think then the process would work?

just play it for a cuople of mins i think?

hope this help!

8. mate777

mate777 Member

This is the first one I have tried. I am not familiar with this powerdvdxp, where to I do this??

9. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

its just a program for watching dvds on your computer! any one will do just watch first bit of movie takes off macromedia encrption...

10. mate777

mate777 Member

I did find it and played the DVD for several minutes but it did not make any difference. Still get that box that say's encryption detected and it cannot decrypt.........

11. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

ummm?

try smartripper!

12. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

in the settings tab is macrovision ticked??? to disable on extraction?

13. mate777

mate777 Member

Yes there is a check in the box for macrovision

14. mate777

mate777 Member

Well I have tried everything I can think of, including changing some settings but I cannot get DVD2ONE to process the disk. It still gives me that encryption data cannot decrypt. Does anyone have any ideas as to what my problem is. This is driving me crazy, not to mention losing a lot of sleep. Today we had a power outage and that drove me up a wall. Power company was working on the lines, of course they keep it a secret until they shut off the power. Anyway would appreciate some help. Maybve I should just forget about this project and throw the whole works in the trash.!!!!

15. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

Hi

ok dont be put off !! you will get there.

it may just be something you are missing here? is the film a very modern one? and does it contain any new type encrption? i would try another older film to see if its that! also try asking about the film has anyone already done it and did they encounter any problems?

i am just trying to eliminate some things baer with me.

i'm going to try TOMB RAIDER my self with smartripper and dvd2one and see how far you say you get! hold............

OK, cant remember all but you need the .vobs and .IFO i think you may need .BUP but its been awhile! for me

ASK herbsman he knows about this!

did you choose ach 6 ch just done that and its running now! to disc....

cant remember if you can choose ALL FILES FROM DISC then squash it to 1 dvdr in dvd2one ask herbsman he knows this stuff!

but anyways its ripping now as we type!

are your drives set to DMA mode at all?

thx....

16. mate777

mate777 Member

I downloaded the newest version od dvddecrypt and ran it selection all the files, still get the same message, cannot decrypt. I just tried smart rpper again. Maybe I have got somethins when selecting I get a box that says no aspi adapter, if I click OK the files show up and I can begin the process. Does this mean anything................What do you mean by setting the drives to DMA mode??? It rips the DVD but when you get to the processing mode in DVD2one then that is where it says it cannot do it, as if saying that the encription has not taken place ...

17. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

thats it then NO ASPI layer!

thx....

18. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

19. mate777

mate777 Member

I tried an entirely different approach. Yesterday a new release called DVDXcopy express was released and since I already have the original I was able to download it without any charge. It is so simple it is mind bending. I used it to download it to my computer and then when prompted I put it a blank disk, (RW) and copied it. The whole process took about 45 minutes and I had a perfect copy. I played it in its entirety and then erased it and put another movie on the disk, played that and it was another perfect copy. There was no ripping involved no processing other than formatting the disk before I copied the movie. There cannot be any easier way to do this. I reslize I dont have all the extras on the disk but all I care about is the movie anyway.

20. the_ape

the_ape Guest

Just a quick one if you want to try this again, You are pointing DVD2One at the ripped version of the files, and NOT the original DVD arent you, if not, Rip the files (all files) to a folder on your hard disk (C:\dvdrip) then when that's done (usually 20mins or so) point DVD2One at the folder c:\dvdrip and output to c:\dvdrip\TS_VIDEO let it run... Then use nero to create a new DVD Video (MODE1 no juliet) and drag the TS_VIDEO FOLDER from c:\dvdrip into the root of the new DVD... Nero will add all the files and hey presto just burn it.....

The Ape