1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Encryption Error w/ Star Wars Disc

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by rubicon, Oct 2, 2004.

1. rubicon

rubicon Member

I'm using DVD Shrink 3.2 and it's been working well for months. I got the first disc of the Star Wars trilogy today (A New Hope) and I tried to use DVD Shrink to create a DVD-9 backup and I'm getting the following error every time @ 52% of the encoding process:

Any ideas?

<edit> The disc is brand new with no scratches and I've tried it in 3 different DVD+-R drives.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2004
  2. juca39

juca39 Guest

If your using a DVD 9 to backup, you don't need to use shrink, Use Deckrypter. You are not shrinking the movie, so you can rip it with deckrypter, and burn it.

3. rubicon

rubicon Member

I didn't think of that.

However, the problem still exists. Even when I try to shrink it down to 4 GB, I get the same error during the analysis phase.

Thanks for the info.

4. ronjon

ronjon Member

Try using InterVideo DVDCopy Platinum 2.5 Build 009.16; it just might work...but you'll have to decrypt it first. Good Luck

5. rubicon

rubicon Member

Episode V worked fine, so I think something was wrong with the IV disc.

6. juca39

juca39 Guest

What I did with all Star Wars Series is to rip with DVD deckrypter first, Than as a File I used Shrink with deep analysis and maximum smoothness, it worked perfect and the DVD I burnt it looks great in my 50" TV. I kept all menus and extras, even though, I compressed menus and extras as much as I could, so the movie would have less compression.