1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

End chapters of burned DVD dont play

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by wcchockey, May 19, 2007.

1. wcchockey

wcchockey Member

I am using DVD Fab platinum version and using the clone feature everything works normally except when i play the dvd's the end chapters do not play. It starts to pause like it is skipping but this has happended multiple times.

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like a media issue...what brand are you using?
    How much compression are you applying to the backup?
    How fast are you burning?
    Are you using paper adhesive labels?
    Have you tried a different program such as DVD Shrink w/imgburn and had similar results?

3. wcchockey

wcchockey Member

I am using fujifilm DVD+R that write up to 16X, I am using a lite-on dual layer burner that writes up to 16x. I dont know how much compression i am using. I have tried using DVD shrink with anydvd and i had alot more disk fail DVD fad has had a better success rate with the exception of getting the end chapters to play

4. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Try another brand of media such as Verbatim...but before you do check to see that your firmware is current for your burner.

Look for your model number and current firmware version, AnyDVD should give you this information in settings, and crossreference with this site:

http://www.codeguys.rpc1.org

You should be able to check your compression ratio in DVD Shrink or Nero Recode...

http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/CD-DVD-Rip-Other-Tools/Nero-Recode.shtml

I'm not very familiar with DVDFab Platinum and it's capabilities, but it should give some kind of indication of the compression needed for backup.

5. jmcole

jmcole Regular member

wcchockey, I was having that same problem with a lot of my back-ups. I have been using the programs that you see in my signature. I fixed this problem by NOT putting paper adhesive labels on my disks any more, and slowing down on my burns, I don't burn any faster than 4. Since I started these two changes, I can now watch an entire movie without it "skipping".

I hope this helps.

6. tennisboy

tennisboy Guest

Im thinking your burning to close to the end of the disc. Which is causing the end chapters to screw up.

7. dvdlover7

dvdlover7 Guest

don't ever try to burn maximum speed of your media,problem alsway occur at the end of diss (try to burn half a speed of media you use)..with dvd fab platium, as i check it,,if by default it's burn at 6x to 6.9x speed (this is i tested with 16x verbatim)..another thing you can try is reduce size of compress file you burn...dvd fab platium...on the left hand size of screen (dvd fab platium) you can see dvd to dvd right lick on any space of the screen you will see ""customize"" lick on it and you go to ""dvd""--->""write"", you will see ""dvd writeable media(dvd5)size"" scroll down and lick on customize reduce it to 4250mb..you can reduce speed to if you want to but as i tested it's only burn at half a speed of your media to give the best result,i think no point to change the speed of it..after you use all of your fujifilm swap it to verbatim or taiyo yuden,,and set it back to default will have no more problem...hope this will help...cheersss