1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

End of a VOB file corrupted, keeps looking for the next VOB.

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by bpp, Apr 17, 2007.

1. bpp

bpp Member

Using DVD Decrypter, am able to pull all but 2% of 1 VOB file from a disc. The main movie is VOBs 1 - 4. After giving up on the last 2%, checked the VOB 4, and everything I want is there--through the credits. Try to use DVD Shrink to burn, but it keeps looking for VOB 5, and if I create a VOB 5 to satisfy it, VOB 6 and so on and so forth. I suppose the last 2% of VOB 4 had some kind of message in it that said, "Hey! I'm the last VOB file! Stop looking for more!"

Any way to get to DVD Shrink to burn everything that's there instead of continuing to look for the next file?

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Is the disk damaged and that's why you can't strip the complete file? You could try IFOEdit to make a new IFO file but I'm guessing you're going to have problems with a partial VOB file no matter what.

3. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Are you able to import the partial VOB file into Nerovision? If so, just import each of the VOBs into Nerovision in order and merge them into a new DVD compilation.

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Try processing with FixVTS. It processes the VOBs for compliance. It's worth a shot.

5. bpp

bpp Member

Thank you, everyone! I finally managed to get this to work with DVD Decrypter (though it took extreme patience--4 hours for 2% of one file!)

I don't think there's anything wrong with the DVD itself because this was the third like DVD I'd tried and all three had the same problem at the same section on the same file...

This is a very helpful place. I appreciate all the suggestions and will likely fall back on them at another time. :)