1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

End of coppied DVDs break up and can't be read

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by candago29, Feb 9, 2005.

1. candago29

candago29 Member

Most of my backup coppies become unreadable and breakup within about 15 minutes of the end of the movie during playback. The ripping and burning goes off without any errors but the end is bad. I am using DVD shrink and decrypter.

Sometimes if I use a different DVD player it will play the bad part a little further but still get breakup in the end.

Are there any settings that can be adjusted to make a better copy? I have Nero for burning also if that is better. I have re-authored and got same results thinking the DVD was compressed to much but that is not the problem.

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Sounds like cheap media to me,try "branded" taiyo yuden,verbatim,or ritek.
    Slow down your burn speed, and change your target size to around 4300, so your not writting on the outer edge of the disc, which is where bad media sometimes fail.
    good luck
    jD

Last edited: Feb 9, 2005
  3. candago29

candago29 Member

Thank you very much jim dandy. I will try those things out and let you all know what works and what doesn't. Again, I appreciate the help. Have a great day!

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

To solve your problem simply adjust your target size in DVD Shrink. You can do this in prefferences and putting it on custom and the typing in the size ushually just drop it to 4364 and you should be good. If it continues then drop it a little more.
    Even some good media runs off at the end of the disk so it would be a good idea to keep your target size smaller just so you don't run into this problem anymore. Good Luck!!

5. candago29

candago29 Member

Thank you also bb!

I haven't had a chance as of yet to put these ideas into action but when I do I'll let you all know how it goes.

I have a dual layer burner, but it's a shame that the dual layer 8.5 GB DVD+R discs cost an arm and a leg. I wouldn't have to worry about writing to the edge of the DVD then. I wish I could find some of those at a discount somewhere.

Does anybody know when and if the price of those will come down?