1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

End part of movie is all fragmented and blocky - stuffed basically

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Spence, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Spence

Spence Guest

Hey all,
    Just a small question for you champions out there... after using dvd Shrink 3.1 to rip the movie onto the hard drive then burning onto DVD using NERO v6 or thereabouts - approx 2/3rds the way through the movie it become really stuffed and cant watch the movie due to poor quality. So the question i pose to you all is - How do i go about to produce a full length quality movie with no pausing or fragmented movie parts.

Please assist due to i have put about 15 movies onto my HD and so far only 1 works (finding nemo) but i copied that from a copied DVD...

Thanks all

2. StevePR

StevePR Guest

Sounds like duff media. What are you recording to?

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Two suggestions:

1) Use better quality media if you aren't doing so already. Quality media is a key ingredient to good burns.

2) Reduce the target file size in Shrink to something like 4,300MB (or less if need be) to keep the burn further away from the edge of the disc. Many times problems crop up when burning close to the edge of the disc, especially with low quality media.