1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enhancing WMV or mpg file (Help Please!)

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by daihung, Dec 17, 2004.

1. daihung

daihung Member

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I need some help from anyone on this forum.

For over a year, someone in my neighborhood has been "keying" my car. He/she has been using some sharp object scratching my car all over. Every now and then this person will act again. Recently I hooked up a DV camera trying to catch this person...and I did. This person drove a car, got out, and scratched my car. However, this person key my car at night and the video is dark. I couldn't see the license plate or the face of this person. I'm looking for suggestion how I can enhance the WMV video(I also converted it to mpg 1 and mpg2) so I can catch this person. Could anyone help me? This file is about 10 meg big in mpg1. Thanks.

Pete

2. Veblin

Veblin Active member

3. daihung

daihung Member

Veblin,

Thanks for your reply. In one of your links, The FBI has a way to enhance the fuzzy video? If that's true...I have friends that works for the FBI...maybe they can help me.

4. towell

towell Member

I'd definitly stick with the guys from the FBI :p

If any one can help, i guess it's them! but if the original (source) file is bad it's very hard to get better results! you can change lighting and colours to try and see the picture better!

I think you'd be better of shelling out for a moshion detector search light above/beind the camera to catch this guy! you can also get Night vision camera's etc.

You could just try using somehting like Ulead Video (what ever it's called) and start changeing colours etc to get the best picture!

5. evhmoon

evhmoon Member

you can use a number of programs to lighten it up a bit. i use VEGAS 5......i lighten concert videos filmed in clubs alot........but the pigs would have better equipment