1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

enter the matrix backup

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by theace72, May 16, 2003.

1. theace72

theace72 Guest

i have been trying to make a backup copy of the new matrix game but i'm having problems. i cant get it to fit on a dvd -r. the size of the image is over 4.8Gb. is
    there a program to compress the image to fit or do i need to rip some of the video files. somebody help please.

2. G4MERZO1D

G4MERZO1D Regular member

u have to not include some of the video sequences - for instance the game intro.

just get it to the size that your dvd-r can hold!

PS burn at 1x for E.T.M!!!
    trust me, tried it!

3. reeseg

reeseg Member

I have enter the matrix and nba streets vo12, loaded to the harddrive and both just go back to the start screen help, I know its been answered before something about hacking hexcodes,

4. theace72

theace72 Guest

cheers. i'll give it a try.

5. melw

melw Guest

Does anybody know which file is the video intro movie ?

6. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

in the movies folder, there is a folder called FMV, these are the movie clips from the movie itself. these can be deleted, i have not tried it but a guy here said thats how he fit it to a dvd-r.

7. shank69ox

shank69ox Regular member

Ok check it out.I have backed it up to DVD-R.In the Movies\FMV folder,delete the first seven files.and it should be about 4.28 GB and it will play.You really only miss the Opening "demo"movie and the very first movie.But as far as I can tell,that is all.

8. atrevido3

atrevido3 Guest

tried deleting the first 7 files like u said and it still didn't work from c640 to g27. should i have deleted different files??

9. shank69ox

shank69ox Regular member

Okay,I just opened up my RIPPED ISO and these are the Files missing.Only 4;c640_s.vid,c1500_s.vid,c1650_s.vid,g01_s.vid.
    And it does work.I used the newest xISO to make the iso and burned it with RecordNow MAx 4.5,but let me also say this.I have had some wierd problems with this game ,as far as getting it backed up.The very first time I made a rip and burned it,it workedso I deleted the ISO from my PC.Then I needed another copy,Tryed to make one from original game again and this time it wouldn't work.It took me 5 more disks to get one to boot.But this RIP I have now boots.and I have made 6 working back-ups with the image for test purposes only,of course ;)Hope it works for you.

10. melw

melw Guest

Did what you said Shank, but it's still too big!!. Are you sure it's only 4 FMV files you have to remove ? Very frustrating innit ? Don't know if this is relevant but I use GDFImage to create the ISO (I would imagine the ISO would be the same size no matter which Prog you use)

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2003
  11. ShadoweX

ShadoweX Member

I deleted c640 to g27 video files and burned it onto a DVD using the software that came with my HP200i DVD+RW drive. It works fine. I am having trouble starting the game off the hard drive. It only works when I boot the Xbox with the backup DVD in the drive.

12. Bottz

Bottz Member

Does anyone know if any of these methods of burning and playing the matrix are true..

13. shank69ox

shank69ox Regular member

Yes Enter the Matrix only works from DVD backup, not from the hard drive.It will work from the hard drive if you apply these two patches(ENTER_THE_MATRIX_FIX_FOR_THE_GAME_CRASHING_AFTER_PROJECTX_FIX,and ENTER_THE_MATRIX_FULLDVD_REAL_FIX_XBOX-projectX) to the game before putting on the hard drive nand then it will play just fine.

14. StankTruk

StankTruk Guest

That's news to me shank69ox since I've been playing mine from my HD. I didn't use any patches. Had to turn off the IGR in evox before it would play the first time though. Turned it back on and all is well now.

15. Dank

Dank Regular member

I just can't believe the problems that people have with this game... I have a full working copy on my hard drive. i have all IGR turned off..
    I patched the default.ebe with craxtion
    made an ISO with craxtion.. I dinnit pay attention and noticed that is was too fusking big for dvd
    I extracted the iso FTPd it to my xbox and have had no problems at all..
    It works fine on the HD with no patches except for the default.xbe file

16. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

whoa.. the reason why the game won't work without patches on the harddrive is the file format that the xbox harddrive can read, it cant read file names longer than 18 characters or something like that.

Some of the file names for enter the matrix are greater than that limit, however, it doesn't matter when played from the dvd.

if you are having probs, get the patches supplied above, or you can do it the old fashioned way and just rename the files that fail to transfer when you ftp the game to your xbox hd, then get a hex editor and hack the default.xbe and change the files to point to your new file names (way too much work, i did it but it only worked for a few levels, then crashed).

also, if you ever have any probs with games not playing from the harddrive or just rebooting your xbox, usually all you need to do is to patch your default.xbe file and remove the ms media id string.

peace
    seamonkey420

17. heavy

heavy Guest

can someone give my some hints where i can find those patches? the two that are needed to make this game work off the hard drive (besides the *.XBE patch)

18. colenz

colenz Guest

Hi instead of thinking about making the game samller. i want to know how i could spand the game over 2 DVD-R discs. Is there a crack or patch to do this? how would i split the movie so that it asks for the 2nd disc for the 2nd part of the movie. This would solve backing up the whole game without lossing any of the game.

19. shank69ox

shank69ox Regular member

Colenz>>>I dont think so.I have never heard of anyone doing it.But if you find something,come back here and post the info on it.
    Dank>>>> Tha post seamonkey did is the exact reason that the Matrix wont run from the HD.I have not seen anyone get through the entire game without the patches.If you did,then you got lucky.Mine crashed about 75% into the game.It works fine now with the patches.

20. Dank

Dank Regular member

I have the D.6 eject fix bios used pxhdd loader 1.1a and i have played through the game with both players and never had to patch a thing... put ht e disk in the xbox copied to the xbox HD and started playing it was honestly that easy.. i also am using the newest evox as well..