1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EPG problems ! help

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by lenny123, Aug 14, 2011.

1. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

For almost a week now I can't get the epg to update on my dm800,..I have a choice of providers in the epg menu like rytec uk & sky uk but they won't download the epg data,..I had the box configured to auto download from rytec uk each night & that worked for months but nothing now,...any ideas ???

2. lukeian5

lukeian5 Member

Add Satmate epg to your list and alternate between the two, when one's down
    Credit goes to skunk1111 for this.

Adding satmate to your epg
    Right it seems for now that rytec has stopped working so to get another EPG provider i add this to my Deliteepgproviders.cfg which is in your etc folder.

Satmate_***.UK,ext_dat,http://hqsatellite.com/satmate/skyuk_epg.dat.gz,7,none

Add reboot and you will now see satmate, select and enjoy a full EPG.

3. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

I'm afraid not,..added line exactly as above but no epg is updated.

4. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

to add satmate press blue button then red button on remote control. you get the option to add provider. you will be asked to supply a name. call it what you want and then an http location. put in the http location http://hqsatellite.com/satmate/skyuk_epg.dat.gz and then do a download now using the yellow button on your remote control. remember that you must disable other epgs you have set to download via skyuk or rytecuk so only one is ever active. then set the time for autodownload for satmate

5. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

I thought it would be possible to edit the Deliteepgproviders.cfg file just as we edit the CCcam.cfg file whenever we need to so what I did was ftp to the etc folder & opened the Deliteepgproviders.cfg file & pasted in "Satmate_SKY.UK,ext_dat,http://hqsatellite.com/satmate/skyuk_epg.dat.gz,7,none" now when I press blue, red I can see the new option for satemate UK exactly as you typed in your reply,...but when I press yellow it acts like it's downloading for about 30sec & I get the message "download complete" but epg is not updated at all.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  6. lukeian5

lukeian5 Member

works for me lenny, editing my config file

7. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

the problem must be elsewhere,..I'll have to keep digging

8. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

guys, heard mention of rytec issues at the moment. luk, can you confirm that you have epg. i use totally different source these days so can only advise

9. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

ok, i use crossepg and this works fine, seems that dm800 is suffering currently. suggest you bear with it. it will return

10. lukeian5

lukeian5 Member

@ fintannl, yeah, just tried to d/l rytec, with no joy. Think I'll be giving crossepg a go soon.
    @lenny, keep trying m8, it will come back, but it is a pain at times. I just changed to Satmate
    again, and it's fine

11. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

I did use satmate in the past but about a year ago I noticed that the data became patchy so I switched to rytec.

12. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

***UPDATE** when all else fails as they say,..I flashed the latest phoenix image sim201 SS82 & all is well again,..rytec working 100%,..I stuck with the phoenix image because I needed the dbt-t usb tuner drivers for the saorview channels.

13. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

14. lukeian5

lukeian5 Member

nice one lenny, been threatening to update my image for a while, I use the early pheonix edition and am half afraid to change cos I've had very few problem's.

15. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

luk, might be worth looking at the dreambouk image. that is assuming you have ss82 bootloader. sadly mine is an ss69 job which limits me badly

16. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

my 800 is over 2yrs old & was ss69 or ss72 at best,..I bought a new sim2.01 here in Ireland a month ago which gave the box a new lease of life with the latest images.

17. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

now lenny that is interesting. the dm800 is down in my folks house, i went the vu+ duo route which simply has the best images and the best tuners i have ever come across. however i would be interesting in replacing the sim in the dm800. could you post a link. many thanks

18. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

the link is embedded in the "here" in my previous post,..also bought a ferguson ariva 120 combo from him a few weeks ago,..it's a HD box with DTT & sat tuners,..patched firmware allows CCcam & newcamd to operate....picks up the new Irish saorview channels with a coat hanger & any sat channels your dish is pointing at.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  19. lukeian5

lukeian5 Member

I've got sim 2.01 with bl76c, but I d/l that image ages ago, it's patched with bl82 in, so it's just a matter of flashing the image and my bl will be updated to 82,but, as I said, I've had very little hassle so far. But I'm getting itchy fingers now though listening to lenny. Would love a vu+ by the way lol, pricey ?? What sim you got on the 800 ??

@lenny, are you using Ts panel with the image ?

20. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

Yeah,..the sim I bought was 2.01 ss76 so I just flashed the new phoenix image using the web browser method & bootload was updated to 82,..TS panel comes with the image,..not had to use it as yet,..just used the normal ADDONS menu to download & install my cams & such....working well.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011