1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

episodic discs such as Fawlty Towers (new question)

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Grayswan, Aug 7, 2003.

1. Grayswan

Grayswan Guest

ok... I've searched though the archives and I have found numerous references to this procedure.... however they all pertain to DVD2ONE and I don't use that...

The Problem thus far:

I use DVDDecrypter on my Fawlty Towers discs in file mode to retrieve the VOBs. Then I use DVDtoolbox (A damn helpful program) to put each episode into it's own directory. Then I compress each episode as necessary using DVDshrink. I then take each successive episode and rename the VOB to VTS_01_1.vob, VTS_01_2.vob, etc...... then take those VOBs and move them to a new directory and run IFOedit to create the new IFOs for them.

Now this process works for me except for one thing....... the episodes are not in the correct order despite the fact I numbered them correctly. It does the same thing wheather I use dvdshrink or not. I get the same problem when I try to make a one sided copy of my Michael Collins. The VOB from the second side plays before the VOBs from the first side.

Maybe there is some setting in IFOedit or another way to renumber the VOBs but I'm at a loss. If anyone could help me out with this problem I'd truly appreciate it.

Thanks
    ~Dylan

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Just use DVD Shrink and TMPGEnc DVD Author

3. Grayswan

Grayswan Guest

ok..... downloaded TMPG and it doesn't seem to be able to open IFOs..... but I'll play with it and hopefully I will attain some understanding of what you mean by 'Just use DVD Shrink and TMPGEnc DVD Author'.

Thanks
    ~Dylan

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Use DVD Shrink to rip the files with no compression (you could use DVD Decrypter also). Then load the file into TMPGEnc DVD Author (thats different to TMPGEnc)> Select the VOB's you want, create project and then compress in DVD Shrink if needed. Check out the user guides in my signature

5. udp

udp Member

Try Clone DVD for episodic backups. I didn't have any problems doing Fawlty Towers.

6. Grayswan

Grayswan Guest

That, my friend, was exactly what I needed. You rock and if you're ever in Boston, Mass let me know so I can buy you a beer.

~Dylan

7. Grayswan

Grayswan Guest

Thanks for the suggestion, udp. I'll check it out.

8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I was in Cape cod not so long ago and im fron ireland