1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Episodic dvd copying e.g. Buffy, Smallville etc

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by micool, Apr 23, 2004.

1. micool

micool Member

I want to copy my tv series but any software that I've used so far (Pinnacle instant cd/dvd, Dvd x-copy, Dvd cloner 2) won't copy tv series dvd's apart from x-copy but I don't have that software any more and can't get hold of it again because they have taken the ripping tool out of there sofware. Does anyone know of any other software that I could use?

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi micool,

If you're copying a TV series you don't have any reason to have a ripper. Whatever format you have your episodes in you'll find a guide at the top of this page - i.e. avi to DVD search -

If you have a DVD with the series on it, use DVD Shrink - in the re-Author mode.

I like DVD2One for doing episodes, use it in the "Join" mode.

and Welcome to the Club,

Pete

3. brian100

brian100 Guest

Backing up these episodal disks can be awkward due to the length of video that is present on them. Usually approz 3 hours per disk, which is asking for trouble "picture quality" wise. I think it would be best in your case to use DVDshrink, in re-author mode, as ScubaPete suggested. I would also be tempted to split each original DVD over 2 disks & avoid any compression whatsoever. Thats the method i used on my Red Dwarf series of originals.

If you decide to back up everything on one disk, id personally go the Pinnacle instantcopy route or if youre feeling really brave use the "CCE/dvd rebuilder" route, which produces incredible results. There is a guide to this method on this site, you can find it here :-

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd_rebuilder_tutorial.cfm

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Backing up the 6 Million Dollar Man (5 hours), Space Giants (almost 5 hours) and Sec and the City (close to 6 hours) using DVD2One worked like a dream.

Pete