1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson 200 printer/ please help!!!

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by heynow82, Aug 12, 2004.

1. heynow82

heynow82 Member

i recently bought an epson 200, great printer any everything, but can anyone please tell me how i can print on a whole cd/ or dvd, meaning the inner circle of the disc. i can print on it great, but just that inner circle ring i cant get to print, which i want to do. if anyone can help me, it would be gladly appreciated! do i have to turn of a feature or something on the printer and if this question has been answered already, i apologize, but i looked for a while. Oh yeah and if another software program will do the trick please let me know, thanks in advance, david. Again just the inner circle part of the disc.

2. PennRon

PennRon Regular member

Hi:

I use full face (includes the hub) Verbatim white faced injet dvd's. To print down onto the hub using the Epson Print CD program all you have to do is go to FILE then INNER/OUTER DIAMETER SETTINGS.

Change the inner setting to 20mm and the outer setting to 120mm. These are the extreme settings. If you want a very slight border on the outside diameter change it to 116mm. Good luck. Regards...
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]\\\\|//// /
    (o o) /
    ----oOOo-(_)-oOOo-----
    PennsylvaniaRon[/small]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2004
  3. ERA2000

ERA2000 Regular member

I leave my inner diameter setting to 23mm seems to work good.
    With a smaller diameter I got alot of ink on the inner plastic part.
    My 2 cents

4. rayboy

rayboy Regular member

After you import the picture to the lay-out, on the left side column, click on the [bold]yellow DVD[/bold] icon then you can change/adjust the DVD size and THE INNER RING SIZE.
    here what I set:
    Inner ring: 23 mm.
    DVD zise: 118 mm.

:)

5. swenyb

swenyb Regular member

what printable full face media do you guys use eg datawrite?

6. rayboy

rayboy Regular member

> what printable full face media do you guys use eg datawrite?

What do you mean full face ? do you meant print up to the hub (not upto stack ring) ?

There are many brand of DVD that you can print up to the hub (full face ?) and that depend on personal reference.
    For me, to print upto the hub (full face) i used:
    - Prodisk -R 4X, injet white.
    - Prodisk +R 8X, injet white.

7. swenyb

swenyb Regular member

yeah im just trying to find out whether there are any other brands of printable media that print to the hub other than the datawrite that i get

8. rayboy

rayboy Regular member

anybody know who made [bold]silver[/bold] (not white) print upto the hub ???
    (I like the holographic affect).

9. monteca

monteca Regular member

prodisc makes the silver hub printable

10. rayboy

rayboy Regular member

I bought Prodisc silver (inkjet) the print area is print up to the stack-ring (and the white print upto the hub), or may be I bought the wrong silver one. If you run across a silver injet print to the hub (not stack-ring) please get me the link.
    Thanks you.

11. swenyb

swenyb Regular member

rayboy are u from the us or uk

12. sjg1999xp

sjg1999xp Guest

I am going to purchase the epson r200 printer, first question is I found replacement ink for about 35. for all 6 cartridges, is that a good price and if not where can I get for a cheaper price. I just ordered, Ridata Branded G04 DVD-R 4X Premium Grade media, will I be able to print on top of these dvd's with my printer...Thnaks, Steve

13. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Thats a pretty good price, $6. each. Those blanks you bought may not work. They have to say top printable, either white or silver matt finish.

Jerry

14. sjg1999xp

sjg1999xp Guest

Whatis a good blank dvd -r with the same quality as Ridata Branded G04 DVD-R 4X Premium Grade that I can print on? Also, is there a build in fan inside the printer so the ink dries quicker, or do I need to just be careful of smearing? Thanks again

15. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Can't answer the fan question, I don't have that printer. Ritek makes a grade A white top printable blank. Check here at this site.

http://www.meritline.com.

You can check ink prices there also.

Jerry

16. swenyb

swenyb Regular member

i have the epson r200 and and am willing to help you out with anything you want to know, oh and the discs dry instantly as long as you dont print on the plastic around the outside or inside which can easily be whiped away, the deal that you have for 35 for inks assuming that its dollers isa good one

17. rayboy

rayboy Regular member

Yo swenyb
    > rayboy are u from the us or uk

USA, California, Los Angeles area.

18. rayboy

rayboy Regular member

>Whatis a good blank dvd -r with the same quality as >Ridata Branded G04 DVD-R 4X Premium Grade that I can >print on?

Prodisc, I used both Prodisc and Ritek in paralell they are same result.

>Also, is there a build in fan inside the printer so >the ink dries quicker, or do I need to just be >careful of smearing? Thanks again

No fan nessessary, I never have problem with smearing. After it print, just dont touch the surface for couple minute you will be OK.

> first question is I found replacement ink for about 35. for all 6 cartridges, is that a good price and if not where can I get for a cheaper price

I paid $4.5+Tax per cartriges at computer show.
    I changed the cartridges after print more than 150 CD&DVD covers. $35 for more than 150 CD/DVD is not bad.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2004
  19. swenyb

swenyb Regular member

Rayboy i have searched far and wide for a dvd printable silver that prints to the hub and didnt find a thing you may have to give up on that one

20. swenyb

swenyb Regular member

ive given up searching for dvd-rs same result each time but i heard Taiyo ruden printable or somit like that are good but pricey