1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson 900/950 vs TDK cd printer!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Lewell, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Lewell

Lewell Guest

Fed up with mucking around with labels. I want to buy a printer that will let me print directly on the face and make my DVD backups look pro! Will any of these printers give me an exact replica of my original disks?

Cheers_X_X_X_X_X_[small]"I looked out for you, even when you were out of order!"[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2003
  2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Why not ask the guy down at the market that sells Pirate copies , he'd probably know !!

3. projem

projem Member

the 950 does a great job but dull on verbatim printable

4. Lewell

Lewell Guest

projem, what dvd's do u suggest for printing with the 950 and can u print right to the centre?

Herbsman, Why don't u keep your smart-ass comments to yourself! Like u never backed up a dvd before!

5. koola

koola Guest

Printing on DVD's.....COOL!

Don't these thermal DVD printers have area limitations or can they print the whole DVD as the TDK cannot?
    If these other printers can print the whole DVD, im gonna get me one.

hehe

6. Lewell

Lewell Guest

@koola Yeah that’s how I understand it the Tdk only lets u print in a box and not the whole disk where as the epson 900 (£100 pcworld) and the 950 prints on the whole disk!

I think though I'm right in saying the epsons are not thermal printers cus they print on injet printable disks, so they are just inkjets?

What I want to know is can u print right to the centre of the disk or does it give u an inch gap?

7. koola

koola Guest

Now were back to ink-jet printing again (damm it) Carn't Epson turn up the heat an get into the thermal department!

8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Oh...I must be in the wrong forum. i hadnt realised this was the 'All other topics' forum. My mistake. I'll just head on to DVDR for Advanced Users. Oh...Wait a minute, this is DVD-R for Advanced users lol. I think we need this one moved :-D