1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson compatible ink carts.

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by kchev, Jun 13, 2007.

1. kchev

kchev Regular member

Anybody have a newer R260 or R380 and had trouble with using compatible ink cartridges? I have read some that if you have a model built after April 1st, you can't use compatible carts. as of now.

2. Playr

Playr Regular member

I have an R260 but haven't run out of the Epson ink it came with. I do have some generic ink waiting in the wings tho. BTW, where can I check my printer's born on date?

3. kchev

kchev Regular member

Good question, I would like to know that too.

4. movies27

movies27 Regular member

i have a epson photo r260 high def printer and all i use is generic ink and i have no problems except when i used supermedia store's ink...it didn't work at all with my printer..it printed out colors way off..so i switched name brand ink and now it prints fine.

5. kchev

kchev Regular member

So have you had your printer for a while then?

Supposedly if your printer was made before March 1st, you can use compatible generic carts.

After April 1st, you can't.

Between March 1st and April 1st maybe they will work.

As for the manufacture date, I contacted Epson and all they would say is the launch date of Oct. 2006. I guess they don't want anybody to know.

I will know tomorrow if mine will work, I got a couple coming from Rima to try before I buy a whole set.