1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson Print CD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by MUDMPR, Aug 8, 2004.

1. MUDMPR

MUDMPR Member

I jsut purchased an Epson R800. I am trying to print backups of DVD's using Epson Print CD. The software allows for an image size of 50%, 100%, and 200%. Even the maximum viewing size rarely fills the image size on the disk. If I try to manually expand the image using the arrows, the resulting image is usally not centered. Is there a method of expanding the image size other than the presets described above?

2. bilco

bilco Guest

not that i am aware of, i have an R200 and regularly use the cd print, i always have to expand theimageand it is fine with me on centering,another program that supports epson cd printing is acoustica cd/dvd label maker

3. wylds

wylds Guest

4. MUDMPR

MUDMPR Member

Thank you for your input. I did forget to mention that I am using a Mac with OS 10.3. Neither of the above listed the system requirements. Do you know if they are Mac comtable?

5. leequick

leequick Member

MUDMPR, I am also a Mac Owner, Panther user and while I love the printer, I cannot for the life of me get the damn thing to print cds/dvds. The only thing we (epson help) and I have determined is that there is nothing wrong.
    So have you gotten it to print a cd how ever off center and how did you convince it to do it?

6. wylds

wylds Guest

I received my R200 about ten days ago and have been having a ball with it. For the money this has been one of the best buys I have made in the last ten years. I made a folder on one of my partitions and store my DVD covers and CD covers there that I download from CDcovers,cc. Then when I bring up Epson CD print I click on new and bring the folder up with the covers and drag and drop in Print CD and away she goes when I hit print.When printing covers I use Covers.xp another free program and it works the same way with covers. I have not tried making custom covers and are using only for my back ups. Made one error so far and one coaster but that was my fault. I cant answer questions on Mac issues. But if I can be of help let me know.

7. wylds

wylds Guest

8. leequick

leequick Member

Thanks, I don't know if it is a mac issue. What happens is that I put in the cd/dvd tray, line it up with the arrows and then push the correct button to get the printer to suck it in and line it up and so far it all appears to be operating fine. Then using the cd program that came with the printer called epson print cd I take a sample or something I have made and saved, it gets just prior to the printer kicking in with the ink thing and stops giving me a message that the tray is in the wrong position for printing.

9. wylds

wylds Guest

Okay Lee, I think I know what is holding you up on finishing your print. Once you place the cd in the tray and line up the arrows stop there. Now go to the Program Print Cd and click new. Go to file and choose open.Pick one of the samples shown and click on it and that will place it in the cd circle. Click on the large print button and sit back and let her take her time printing. Hope this helped!

10. leequick

leequick Member

Okay I will try that.
    30 minutes later, first no such thing as a large print button, ya gotta go to the menu or use the keyboard short cut. Second, you have to push the second button on the printer to get the printer to suck in the tray or it just sits there and gives you the message that the tray is in the incorrect position. Third. no matter how I go about getting an item to print, sample or new or bringing up one I have saved it always ends the same way a message comes up and tells me my tray is in the incorrect position and asks me to either cancel the job/s or stop the job/s.

I see you list what you have lets see if I can wow my fellow mac users with what I have:
    1 ibook g4 800 mhz
    1 quick silver g4 867 mhz 512 ram
    1 dual 2ghz g5 1 gig of ram
    plus two other older laptops semi retired
    2 dvd-r burners
    just a few of the little pieces of software
    photoshop cs
    illustrator
    final cut pro
    dvd studio pro
    Toast 6
    Panther running the 3 macs

and over 3500 siti units to my name
    and about 800 gigs of storage
    and about 20 years of mac experience and if I don't get this idiotic printer working I will be slightly irritated.

11. leequick

leequick Member

What I really need is a Mac user who has an epson r800 and has actually printed on a disk. Anyone know of any out there?
    Thanks

12. wylds

wylds Guest

Lee I agree!Quote (What I really need is a Mac user who has an epson r800)
    What you describe is completely different than a PC or I am doing a poor job of describing. Let me tell you what we have. The instructions we are given are as follows. Turn the pc on and then turn the printer on. Place a cd in the tray and insert the tray to line up with the arrows on the tray and the printer.Bring up the print CD progrfam window. It doesn't say to push the second button to adjust the tray. Print cd does this automatically when you tell it to print. It then passes the tray back and forth in the printer several times before starting to print as it is making adjustments. So simple for us. I have printed over 50 cd 's this last week backing up my movies and it has produced awesome labels and with ease. My ink levels are good for the amount of printing I have done. Hope this helps!

13. leequick

leequick Member

No it doesn't help but it is nice of you to keep trying. My instructions come partially from the tray. the 4th picture on the try show lining up the tray, the fifth shows pushing the button next to the on button the one with the trashcan and a file icon. Then the 6th picture showes what button you don't push, the one with the droplet.
    The instructions in the book also say the same, you have to push that button to get the tray into the printer so it can align it up.
    The problem we are having is that I have the R800 and you don't, you have the other one. Possibly I made the wrong choice in my purchase.
    lee

14. kcc76

kcc76 Regular member

the r800 and the r200 are the same its just the 800 has a display and card reader
    as for the incorrect tray postion message when you put the tray in do you hear a click if you do then thats wrong on the tray at the end there is a clear plastic guide make sure that is not bent or twisted mine keeps doing this every 5th cd print pain in the ass so that could be your problem and to center your picture just go to the picture in your documents right click or whatever you do on a mac and open with the epson cd print software this should center it perfectley
    hope this has helped and it should take 2 mins to print a full colour cd..

15. viper64

viper64 Guest

I have the r200 and it has been working great for me over 60 dvds printed no problems

16. leequick

leequick Member

17. kcc76

kcc76 Regular member

sorry pal my bad thinking o f the 300 not 800 what a dipshit

18. leequick

leequick Member

Hey, you at least tried. Now if I could find an R800 owner who would help even half as much as you it would be wonderful
    I have discovered that possibly I should have bought the 300.
    lee

19. swillbur

swillbur Member

I've been using Epson Print CD with my R800 for months now. I am a Mac user and recently updated my system to Panther. Since I have, I've been getting a dialogue box when I try to print that tells me that no printer is selected, and I should open the chooser and select one.

Of course, there's no chooser in X. I've tried reloading the printer drivers, re-installing Epson Print CD, and of course making several different versions of the R800.

Having exhausted my own thoughts, I need some advic

20. leequick

leequick Member

Well my dear I have gone where you are and have actually come back not only alive but actually printing. First you want to go into the utilities folder and find the printer setup utility and drag that puppy to the dock.
    Now it is available to you at all times and buddy you are going to need it. Now open it up and click on add, it should go and hunt down your printer. Once it is showing then the work begins.
    Okay now it is showing, you need to click on it because you are going to find that you not only have that driver you have 5 secondary drivers you have to get installed
    So you have clicked on it, and it is selected, go back to add and click on it. A window will drop down and you need to select first how you are going to access the printer, usb firewire etc. Once you have that done then go to the printer name and click on it to select it. Walla the lower third of the window has just come alive and you see page set up with probably the word standard click on that and find the word all it is up. Choose that and then click on the blue button Add and all the secondary drivers will install and you will be able to use all the bells and whistles that come with it.
    Now you can choose the correct driver to do disk printing, that is the one with manual feed next to it.
    Any questions???

Yes gang I figured it out I had to find the secondary drivers that come with the printer. Who knew?
    Lee