1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson Print CD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by MUDMPR, Aug 8, 2004.

1. leequick

leequick Member

I forgot to mention, that if when you go to find the extra drivers nothing shows up in the window, you have to go get the latest driver for OS 10 and then install and if it still doesn't appear which it didn't on my ibook, you need to uninstall and then install. the driver that you down load has an uninstall included, just clickon the easy install and you will see it.
    Good luck.

2. leequick

leequick Member

I was rereading your problem and are you sure it says to go to the chooser? If so then you are using an os9 program correct?
    lee

3. swillbur

swillbur Member

I'm definitely using the system X program that came with the printer. I haven't tried the latest suggestions yet, but I will in the morning.

Thanks for the help.

4. leequick

leequick Member

The reason I asked is that in osx you are never told to go to the chooser, only when the osx kicks into classic/os9 does it mention the chooser. And the chooser is available to go into and choose your printer of choice.
    If you are like most of us in the world of mac you still have os9 programs that you use. For any of these that you print from you will have to keep your os9 printer drivers updated and use the chooser. For the rest you will be using osx drivers and will be using the print monitor which does basically the same thing as the chooser.
    I have downloaded both the current os9 drivers and the current osx drivers for the R800, I need them both
    lee

5. matt.cook

matt.cook Guest

Success!

I've had the problem of the cd tray drawing in then being spat out again. My solution was to [bold]move the printer away from the wall[/bold].

I'd read stuff about ripping the clear plastic strip off but it looked a little too firmly attached to be a packing strip. When the CD tray gets drawn it it actually protrudes out the back of the printer. Mine must have hit the wall and tripped out the printer. Simply moving it away from the wall solved the problem. Caused me a headache for days ... I hope this helps someone in some way.
    (PS afterdawn rocks, well done everyone)
    Happy CD printing ... Matt

6. joerol

joerol Member

Hey leequick,

I can only really respond to the chooser message you are seeing, that is one I got as well when I upgraded my jaguar to panther with print CD installed already. I was able to get things working again on my R800 by deleting my printCD install and reinstalling it off the software CD that came with the printer. After that, I got everything to work and never got the message again.