1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson PrintCD doesn't work with Vista...any alternatives?

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by mrchub, Feb 15, 2007.

1. angelsjen

angelsjen Member

I have had the same problem as all of you. Just upgraded to Vista Ultimate and now Epson Print CD will not print ! I tried what greenclaw suggested with the compatibility tab, but it still wouldn't print. However I have now found a way, and just tried and tested my theory and it works, so give this a go if you are still having problems :

1. Open Print CD.

2. Select File > Print.

3. Select 'Manual Print'.

4. Select your printer (from the drop down list).

5. Select 'Properties'.

6. Set 'Source' to Manual.

7. Set 'Type' to CD/DVD.

8. Click OK and Click OK again for the CD to Print.

Worked for me several times now - hope it works for you !!!

2. DiscoDes

DiscoDes Member

I have a R200 and have just got a new pooter with Vista. I had version 2 of Print CD and this did not work. I tried 1.5 and setting compatibility to XP but this did not work for me either!

I found the original driver disk that came with the R200 (dated 2003) and installed the driver from there and Print CD which is version 1.2.

I made sure that I had removed all the old Epson software first, except the driver, re-botted after the installation and now IT WORKS!

So to recap, removed all epson software, installed Driver, & Print CD off of Epson disk dated 2003, print CD is version 1.2 and is NOT running in compatibility mode.

I hope this helps someone else.

3. tony1956

tony1956 Member

had same problem but got answer from epson which works here its
    Please follow the instructions below to allow CD Printing with the In-Box printer driver within Windows Vista:

1. Open Print CD.

2. Select File > Print.

3. Select 'Manual Print'.

4. Select EPSON Stylus Photo R300(M) (from the drop down list).

5. Select 'Properties'.

6. Set 'Source' to Manual.

7. Set 'Type' to CD/DVD.

8. Click OK and Click OK again for the CD to Print.

Please be advised that Print CD 1.2 is not supported within Windows Vista. Print CD is supported from version 1.3 and above

4. DiscoDes

DiscoDes Member

5. mccmd

mccmd Member

I previously reported in this forum the use of Acoustica CD. After reading about the variable success with older versions of Epson's Print CD I checked out my manufacturer's CD which was Ver. 1.3a. I received one incompatability warning with Vista when installing the driver alone, which I ignored. I then reinstalled Print CD and then attached the printer. Everything was as before Vista was installed and works perfectly.

6. cypry

cypry Guest

epson print cd dont like vista 64bit,epson tech support reckon that you had to have version 1.3 or above for it to work. i got v1.4 and that reports that there is no print driver for cd printing. according to epson tech print cd version 1.5 works ok......
    the trouble is that thats gonna cost a tenner and will it work??????
    anyone got v1.5 and it works?????

7. zeroserv

zeroserv Member

I just tried 1.5e and it doesnt work

8. rgm001

rgm001 Member

I have an Epson R320 and Print CD would not work with Vista. I read this thread and was delighted to find that the Acoustica software at $19.95 USD not only completely solved the problem, but is very much higher in quality that the Epson software. I am completely satisfied with it. Merely design your CD/DVD label and then select Epson R320 Printable CD/DVD as the label type, select Manual as the source in the properties of the 320 and then select CD/DVD as the type. Good to go from there

9. pgreen18

pgreen18 Member

For Epson model Stylus Photo R320: I first DID put the CD in and start installation, but cancelled and let Windows Vista load drivers. I then went to Epson website and downloaded and installed "easyprint_310a". After closing the error message that said the drivers for print CD were not installed, I then had the option to print manually, chose that, and gave the already-positioned DVD in tray a VERY light push (almost like a guide holding it level not really a push) and it was accepted and printed - try without the push first. The only thing I don't like about the direct print printers is that the ink cartridges do very few DVD/CDs - ink usage is off the charts.
    Have another model (think it's R220) and haven't tried it with Vista yet.

10. babell

babell Member

try starting up in safe mode ( boot up and press F8). When you're in safe mode, run the installation disk. I didn't get all the features but I did get Print CD. good luck

11. babell

babell Member

by the way, mine's a photo r300

12. norbs121

norbs121 Guest

13. norbs121

norbs121 Guest

I just installed Vista and had the problems everyone else is having then I followed this information about Epson print CD, it works. Pain in the rear having to manually set the printer each time but once you have followed the tips a few times it becomes second nature. Once i have got through my stash of cheap ink i'm dumping my Epson R300 as they have been so unhelpful. There are plenty of other vista ready printers out there!

14. babell

babell Member

In the end I decided just to buy a new printer. I got an all-in-one vista compatible Epson Photo RX685 for less than I paid for my R300 a couple of years ago, and the ink cartridges are cheaper!

15. ghturner

ghturner Member

I just tried this and it worked perfectly. the only catch is that you need to have access to an earlier OS installation of the driver software.

1. In Vista, run the PrintCD installation from the Epson installation CD.
    2. Right click the PrintCD shortcut on your desktop and choose 'Properties'.
    3. Under the compatibility tab check the box 'run this program in compatibility mode for' and choose the OS where you have the earlier verson installed. Click Apply, then OK.
    4. Search for the file picsdk.dll in the drive where the ealier version is installed. When you find it, copy and paste the file into the Windows directory of Vista.

When I finished doing this the program ran exactly as it did for me under XP. No extra steps. no hassle at all.

Hope this works for you.

16. joshable

joshable Member

Why dint ju try dualbooting
    i do it becuase i have vista home edition and i think its useless so dualboot xp worth a try

17. Monguse

Monguse Member

If any of you still having problems with the Epson PrintCD, I just got a RX680 which has the new VISTA version of PrintCD with it. Not sure where to download it from, but there is now a working version.

18. mrchub

mrchub Regular member

Monguse, can you please tell us what version of PrintCD that is that's included with your printer? Thanks.

19. menocsavo

menocsavo Member

Hi!

To everybody who can't work Epson PrintCD with Vista (by me 32 bit Hungarian):

1. I plug in USB port Epson Stylus Photo R200 - it was a new Vista install without printer
    2. Vista setup own windows driver (with can print everything without CD/DVD) - in Printers: Epson Photo Stylus R200 (M)
    3. Setup PrintCD 1.50A from zip/web (in this moment PrintCD won't run)
    4. Download picsdk.dll from dll-files.com (or other else) and copy to Windows folder

... and PrintCD works fine!!!

I hope this help somebody to work PrintCD with Vista!

Sorry my english - Hali!

20. mrchub

mrchub Regular member

Can you tell us where you got version 1.50a?