1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson PrintCD doesn't work with Vista...any alternatives?

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by mrchub, Feb 15, 2007.

1. menocsavo

menocsavo Member

I use google, but find for downloadable filename (now not know exactly).
    When i go home, try to upload the zip file!

2. menocsavo

menocsavo Member

3. mrchub

mrchub Regular member

Thank you!

4. tull158

tull158 Member

I followed these steps, but PrintCD says "can't file picsdk.dll" ... can you tell us which specific sub-folder in Windows the picsdk.dll needs to be installed in? (I tried Windows/system32, then re-booted, but printCD still won't run).

Thanks!!

5. menocsavo

menocsavo Member

Hi!

Not xxx:\windows\system32 folder,

just

xxx:\WINDOWS folder!

6. mickymcd

mickymcd Member

Howdee folks im using a r200 printer on vista ive been having a nightmare on getting print cd to work with my r200 as well this is how i managed to get it to work.I spent hours and hours before i sorted it too.
    Removed any software you have installed on your pc via add/remove programs install the r200 xp driver from the epson website then dowload print cd from the link on this site (thx to poster) install the xp driver ignoring all the warnings the install v 1.5 print cd works a treat

7. mrchub

mrchub Regular member

Sigh...still doesn't work for me. Just installed my R200 on a brand-new Vista machine. Installation was easy, of course, and printer was detected quickly. Then I installed PrintCD as described above and then put picsdk.dll in the Windows main folder. With my fingers crossed I tried printing and still got "The Epson printer driver dealing with CD printing is not installed."

Any last tips before I simply give up? Thanks.

8. menocsavo

menocsavo Member

Try to install "Epson Easy Print Module" from zip!

9. jrayp

jrayp Guest

I am running Vista Ultimate.
    Using Epson R380.
    Print CD (Version 1.5A) wouldn't work.

I used the original install disc but I ONLY installed the "PRINT CD" using the "CUSTOM INSTALL" option.

After installing I "right clicked" on the desktop icon and chose "Properties" then clicked on the "Compatibility" tab.

I put a tick in the box to run in mode for "XP SP2".

Opened up PRINT CD and when ready to print I clicked on the printer tab and chose "Manual". Used "A4" for the size and "CD/DVD" for the source.

Clicked "OK".

I have had absolutely NO PROBLEMS.

10. mackasmac

mackasmac Member

people having trouble with print cd in vista 64bit.

i was messing around the weekend and i installed 1.5e print cd still no joy. i tried installing the XP64 bit driver1.0 for the printer and all works perfectly.

please note if you dont delete the prvious printer in control pannel
    "epson R300 (m)" it will still use this one and wont work. after installing the XP64 driver you will have another printer installed (the same but without the M at the end) select this one as the default.

it should then work fine.

let me know how you get on.

P.S. sory if this has already been said but i couldnt see it on here. apoligies in advance.

cheers

MACKA

11. AndyIves

AndyIves Member

Many thanks for all the tips in this thread.When I try and install the above I reach a stage where it asks me for the location of the installation disc - which I obviously don't have. Any tips.

Regards

12. mackasmac

mackasmac Member

hi mate not sure what that problem is but if it helps i actually have print cd version 1.20E try downloading this version

13. mackasmac

mackasmac Member

i think the probs is the main driver have you done the xp 64 bit driver ?

if so try another version of print cd one from EPSON.

also take note that you are using the printer without the (M) next to it cus this is what vista installs itself.

cheers

14. AndyIves

AndyIves Member

thank you.I started off with 1.2 earlier this evening and after doing the set to manual and type = cd things described above the printer started trying to print. However I couldn't get it to print on the disc - it seemed determined to print right on the extreme edge and also on the tray. I played with the settings but couldn't get it to change so I deleted 1.2, downloaded 1.5 as per above but can't install it.

Regards

15. mackasmac

mackasmac Member

hi mate this manual print thing is what i did before and it did what you described.

you didnt say wether you had installed the "XP 64 bit driver" from the epson site.

it is vista 64 bit you have ?

if so what i did was uninstall all drivers deleted all printers from control pannel. then downloaded and installed windows XP 64 bit driver for the R300 (this is my printer is this yours ?) i then installed epson print cd version 1.20 E. once installed i went into control pannel and checked installed printers. if you have two ( one which has the letter "M" in brackets delete it and set the other as default.

go into print cd and check the settings if you still have the one with the letter M click the arrow and select the R300 without the letter. also see if it is set to source: manual and media type: cd/dvd (it should already be set to this)

it has worked first time and always since i did this.

regards

MACKA

PS:

once again just confirm its vista 64 bit you have ?

and the epson R300 ?

cheers

16. AndyIves

AndyIves Member

Many thanks for coming back. I have Vista Home Premium and an R200. Last night I did what a couple of others have done and bought the Accoustica software. Haven't had much time to play with it yet but it seems quite nice.

Regards

17. mackasmac

mackasmac Member

hi there sorry to hear you didnt solve it.

this method i used is solid now for me and saves me getting any other software to do the same job.

many thanks

18. GeorgeDid

GeorgeDid Member

For my Epson Stylus Photo R220

I installed Vista Ultimate SP1 on a clean install, went to Epson and downloaded my Epson Stylus Photo R220 Vista 32bit drivers, loaded them in this order:

1) epson12254(_R220_printer_driver_65bas).exe
    2) epson11889(_easyprint_310a).exe

then put my Epson Windows XP software CD in, dug down to D:\Titles\PrintCD\English\Setup.exe, where "D" was my CD player, and it installed the print CD function(Ver 1.40a) and it works just as it did on my XP load, Without any trouble.

I see that others are using the 1.50e version of print cd, but I didn't need to.

19. mackasmac

mackasmac Member

hi mate good to see you have no problems but as many here have the problem with installing on "VISTA 64bit" version which is where you instal XP 64 bit drivers as i did and posted on here.

regards

20. mackasmac

mackasmac Member

Hi BTW you didnt say whether you had Vista 32 or 64 just that you had installed 32bit drivers.

if you state which vista ultimate you installed would help people try your method.

cheers

MACKA